Rasmussen out

Groot Lem

din't all the cyclist have to sign a declaration saying something like" I swear I will never ever everĀ use beetle juice and other goodies to enhance my performance etc" so much for ethics...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alex & fourbar: Just to clarify, I think Rabobank did the right thing, and I'm not supporting Rasmusen at all. I'm trying to say that catching dopers seems to be very very difficult. It is possible that the current top 10 in the TDF may also be doping, they have just not been caught.

din't all the cyclist have to sign a declaration saying something like" I swear I will never ever everĀ use beetle juice and other goodies to enhance my performance etc" so much for ethics...

Rasmusen refused to sign it.

Rabobank handeled the Rasmussen issue poorly.

Ā 

They were aware of his missed tests before the tour started, but did nothing.

Sacking him now is a bit like closing the door when the horse has already left.

Ā 

We would probably be naive to believe he made an "administrative error", he is an intelligent manĀ and must have knownĀ disappearing for a few weeks or months and missing testsĀ would cast a shadow over his legitimacy, but there is stillĀ no proof he doped.

Ā 

The "PR" team (and yes I mean PR team)Ā will snatch the Yellow jersey with glee, they know there is no "comment"Ā line on the official page which will list Contodor as the official winner in Paris.

Ā 

Do I believe Rasmussen is clean? Probably not, but that gos for Contodor as well, what I do know is that Rasmussen was strongest in this tour, Rabobank handeled his case very poorly, the stages and times have been manipulated to such a degree, its now almost impossible to declare a fair and rightous winner, frankly IĀ feel that the race should be declared null and void - no official winner this year.!Ā Ā Ā Ā 

He did sign.

Christie: You're 100% correct regarding tests etc. but this forum has had this discussion going for ages and the same conclusion is drawn every time: they do it and it's for the labs to catch them out/ the organisers of races look the other way/managers try to bend the rules etc. etc.

IfĀ I were a sponsor, I willĀ immediately withdraw under these circumstances.

The issue of Rasmussen's refusal to sign also confirms my point on honesty and the slapgatgeit of team management. "You don't sign-you don't ride- on behalf of my sponsors, the public and millions of cyclists out there!"

Fact is, it raises the suspicion of how many administrators are in on the deal.

We all know how it works in the corporate world out there- you scratch my back and I'll do the same one day...!

The French going to chuck everyone out' date=' so that Moreau can win.Unhappy

[/quote']

Ā That's a pretty inll-informed comment.Ā  The Dutch (De Rooij is the Dutch team manager of Dutch team Rabobank) chucked out Rasmussen.Ā Ā WADA released the results for the positive tests for Vino and Moreni, and the Kazakh team Astana pulledĀ themselves from the tour.Ā Ā The only FrenchĀ chucking out was the withdrawal of Cofidis by team management (and sponsor) who are French.Ā  The irony is that Cofidis team leader SylvainĀ ChavenelĀ was the leading French rider in the GC.Ā 

Rabobank handeled the Rasmussen issue poorly.

Ā 

Ā 

hhhmm, I see a hugh law suit coming here....

Ā 

The danish fed said that Theo de Rooy had all the e-mail correspondence on his desk sent by them in June...regarding Rasmussens "missing in action" dope tests

Ā 

so something ain't too lekker here....

Think on the positive side' date=' Soler is now in 9th place overall, GO BARLOWORLD !!!

[/quote']

Ā 

Good thing Soler took the polkadot BEFORE Rasmussen got bumped.Ā  Soler deserves it fair and square.Ā  Great to see him take the podium yesterday anĀ the finalĀ mountain top finish!

Ā 

Allez BArloworld indeed!

Ā 

Yes...it was great to see him up there...Barloworld's tactics worked well...ClapClapClap

What about all the "clean" riders who got chucked out because they did not make the cutoff times set by the doped guys??????

Ā 

This sucks!!!!!Cry

Contador rode for Once in 2003, Liberty Seguros 2004-2005, Astana 2006, before going to Discovery.

Ā 

Im sad to say, but Im not going to have cycling heroes anymore.Ā There is no way to knowing ifĀ hes clean.Ā I still watchĀ but I cant take pro cycling seriously anymore.

Rasmussen was not dismissed by Rabobank because of the failing to give his whereabouts to the UCI in time or because of the consequent missed out of competition tests. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Rasmussen was fired for Lying about his whereabouts during June.

Rabobank was actually backing and supporting Rasmussen on the missing information and warnings from UCI and Danish federation issue.

Rabobank only found out Yesterday (Wednesday) that Rasmussen had in fact lied to the UCI and them about being in Mexico when former professional Davide Cassani, now a commentator for Italian TV station RAI, made a statement to Danish TV on Wednesday in which he claimed to have seen the Rabobank leader training in the Italian Dolomites on June 13 and 14.

When Rasmussen was confronted with this information he confirmed to team manager Theo de Rooy that he had indeed lied about his whereabouts and confirmed that he was in <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Italyon> at that time.

That was the reason De Rooy and the Rabobank Board decided to pull him out of the Tour and dismiss him from the team.

Good on Rabobank!!! And personally i think it's somehow good for the Tour...Rasmussen is a Tour leader that provided a very negative image...refusing to sign doping agreements, rebeling etc...sorry!...i just could not see him as a worthy winner of The Tour...just my opinion though So i was sooo glad to read that he is out when i checked the Hub on my cellphone last night. Gooooooooo Disco!!!! I'd even be okay with it if Evans took the yellow in Paris...great guy to have as leader if Contador or Levi doesn't take it.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

The Tour will go on...maybe just a little bit cleaner in the future. (well...i really hope so anyway!)

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Haha...in elkgeval...het vanoggend vir Muds gese het Skeleton kan nou KFC se spokesperson word vir genetically modified food...groter en sterker hoenders met geen vetjies...yum yum!!!;))nellie2007-07-26 04:07:31