the similarities between a bicycle and a motorbike stop. PM me and I can

arrange a ride for you on a proper FS and a proper superbike. Then once

you are finished I'll rip you panty so that your mommy can give you a

good spanking when you get home

b) you view regarding lockout is just that - YOUR VIEW. Everybody is

entitled to their own opinion even if it is stupid. Maybe you should

share your view with the engineers who design shocks, I have this funny

suspicion that you will either be hailed a saviour or they'll laugh at

you. I know the answer but will leave it up to you to find out.

Now go inside. Playtime is over.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lock outs on shocks are a joke ! I have one on my front shock - when I do remember to use it - half the time I forget to un-use it. Go like the klappers down some rocky bumpy single path, and half way remember ...oh hell, lock out. To late. Wait till bottom of hill. Un lock. Ride. Drivel to lock outs.

bulls won epic..with no dual sus ..

the kenyans ...almost won the joberg 2c with Vbrakes !!!

simple get on your bike and work those legs.

fitness first ..

just my 2 cents

I think your approach is a "BS baffles brains" trying to make things so complicated that not even you understand what you are saying. 

Joe: My wife is the best kisser in the world.

Pete: So you know this because you've kissed every single woman on the planet?

Joe: No, but I know a lot about kissing.

Pete: OK, so I presume that means that you've developed a set of criteria against which to measure kissing skill, along with a hypothesis on what constitutes the ultimate kiss. You've also run an exhaustive set of kissing tests to narrow down candidates to a select few, your wife having been identified after years of elimination?

Joe: Are you saying my wife's a slut?

Pete: *Sigh*

Bulls won the Epic on a hard tail but the world champs were won on a full suss...Sea otter was won on a 29er does that mean that 29ers don't work as well? The Kenyans ALMOST won the joberg2c...2nd place is the first loser...

To Cyclequip...Clap

?

fitness first ..

?

just my 2 cents

Poor argument, they will win on anything.

What people also tend to forget is that these top riders at their level are a totally different breed of rider, then you get the middle of the pack guy at home who emulates everything the pro's do and suffers their way through it because in their mind they are just like their idol smiley5.gif

?

fitness first ..

?

just my 2 cents

Poor argument' date=' they will win on anything.

What people also tend to forget is that these top riders at their level are a totally different breed of rider, then you get the middle of the pack guy at home who emulates everything the pro's do and suffers their way through it because in their mind they are just like their idol smiley5.gif [/quote']

that is true. Just look at LA and Contador. They are the only people that can win on Trek. Where have you ever seen any other winners on Treks? smiley36.gif

Yap yap yap and more yap 

You seem to know it all so let me summarize

a) besides the fact that both have two wheels and a seat this is where the similarities between a bicycle and a motorbike stop. PM me and I can arrange a ride for you on a proper FS and a proper superbike. Then once you are finished I'll rip you panty so that your mommy can give you a good spanking when you get home

b) you view regarding lockout is just that - YOUR VIEW. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion even if it is stupid. Maybe you should share your view with the engineers who design shocks' date=' I have this funny suspicion that you will either be hailed a saviour or they'll laugh at you. I know the answer but will leave it up to you to find out.

Now go inside. Playtime is over.
[/quote']

Clap Good one, Chuck. You must have spent some time working out that post. It literally quivers with relevance.

And I got my view on lockout FROM the engineers who design shocks.

Tool.

At least I do understand something about kinematics and kinetics as it applies to bicycle suspensions. And my posts were simply questioning-responses to assertions made here that seemed at odds with my (limited) understanding of these topics - particularly those made by JB. If this offends you, or anyone else, sorry. I'm just checking for some truths here. But drivel remains drivel, even mine!Smile
cyclequip12010-05-28 02:10:29

Cyclequip and others, answer me this question.

JB shoots from the hip often, very often with his own assumptions and conclusions, yet when he gets challenged there are those individuals that are very quick to jump to his defense.

Why ?

A challenge is just that, a challenge and if you can't provide a thesis or hard conclusive facts then you will be challenged.

The stretch/elongate argument is the most amusing one to date yet, well for me at least that is.

Semantics over two words that ultimately draw to the same conclusion smiley36.gif

Cyclequip and others' date=' answer me this question.
JB shoots from the hip often, very often with his own assumptions and conclusions, yet when he gets challenged there are those individuals that are very quick to jump to his defense.
Why ?
A challenge is just that, a challenge and if you can't provide a thesis or hard conclusive facts then you will be challenged.
The stretch/elongate argument is the most amusing one to date yet, well for me at least that is.
Semantics over two words that ultimately draw to the same conclusion smiley36.gif [/quote']

Dangle, I like the cowboy connotation, I'll work on it a bit more.

I'm glad you remember the stretch argument but sorry I couldn't convince you of the validity thereof. Maybe one day....

I'm not sure whether you criciticise people who come to my defense or not, I'm unclear. However, I like to think people don't come to my defense, they defend the argument. I doubt anybody, who doesn't know me from a bar of soap, would defend me for the sake of me. Sometimes my argument makes sense, sometimes not. I think the defenders just join the debate and choose a side of the argument, often with their own contributions to it.

I'm not sure whether you criciticise people who come to my defense or not

Why would you read so obscurely in to this, I have no intent to be as malicious as you suggest.

As for the stretch/elongate argument, no I don't need to remember it, you mention it OFTEN and it has become a bit of a standing joke during rides.

I want to clarify something about energy lost in a suspension system. I say it is lost, others say it is returned.

Well, it is returned, in a completely useless fashion.

If you draw a bow, the energy stored in the bow and string, is returned in a useful fashion when you release the string. It propels the arrow forward which is something we want.

If the energy input into a suspension system is returned via an elastic return, it is returned to "the system" but not to the rider. The bounce-back is completely useless and does not provide any forward propulsion at all.

That's why I say the energy is lost.

That's why I say the energy is lost.

?

?

Not if all the parameters have been checked.

I'm not sure whether you criciticise people who come to my defense or not

Why would you read so obscurely in to this' date=' I have no intent to be as malicious as you suggest.
As for the stretch/elongate argument, no I don't need to remember it, you mention it OFTEN and it has become a bit of a standing joke during rides.[/quote']

Maybe I'm socially inept. It wasn't clear to me.

Glad I can provide some amusement during rides. I'm smiling. Relax.

lock outs on shocks are a joke ! I have one on my front shock - when I do remember to use it - half the time I forget to un-use it. Go like the klappers down some rocky bumpy single path' date=' and half way remember ...oh hell, lock out. To late. Wait till bottom of hill. Un lock. Ride. Drivel to lock outs. [/quote'] Yup, have learnt this hard lesson my self.

The fact that lockouts are something that can be left activated does nothing to increase or decrease it value. It only shows that people have short attention spans. I believe we've all done it. It's like saying lights on a car is stupid because it drains the battery if left on.

And yes a chain elongates. I still want to see the legs on the guy who stretch metal.