I was called a SISSY!!!

Naas V

Naas is a Nancy Girl.

Hey! AngryAngry

I'm no sissy...

Spud IS.......
That's different...when I said I was a Nancy Boy, I meant as a groupie.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I took the Bull Run at Sabie in Feb and ended up with a mouth full of pine needles, and shouts/laughter from the back.  It was awesome.

Tell you what, Ive pushed my bike downhill more than once, if that makes me a sissy, so be it. I'd rather be a sissy than a broken hero.

You do know that it's a matter of time before some female hubber points out that not all girls are sissys?

In fact' date=' I know some girls who will ride the scary stuff better and/or faster that some guys (myself excluded Embarrassed).

Just a thought...

[/quote']

Those xc girls can ride the most difficult single track better than any guy! i.e. Yolanda Speedy/ Catlin De wet etc

I have to agree with Trubie. So what.... Some might be a 'big hero' on the track but once home, wife needs to bring them everything because they are too sore...

Keep in mind that everybody at one stage was a beginner.

smiley2.gif

There was this awsome girl on the monster 70 yesterday, she Rock'd, did all the downhills and dropoffs with us. Whe had to keep up with her.

And she was very femanine aswell.

I loved it.

Guest Agteros

At Lionman some bloke decided to be brave (or a real MTBr) and went right through the first mud water bowl on the route..

He fell into that same bowl of muck, doing a pretty decent job of  painting most of his self the colour of mud

Caused a few smirks, and everybody else to take the grassy alternative route / chicken run.

Helps to use your brains during the race, irrespective of where you finish, we all want to get the best time possible in  a race ... Al the 'concerns' about the delay to results being published (most < 24hours) are proof of that.

Be the broken hero as Trubie says, but please do not expect adoration for being daft smiley1.gif

Tell you what' date=' Ive pushed my bike downhill more than once, if that makes me a sissy, so be it. I'd rather be a sissy than a broken hero.

[/quote']

????LOL

Guest Agteros

I opt for broken hero... Chicks dig scars....

Naah, I rather opt for ability to work, and put food on the table for those who depend on me Thumbs%20Up

Guest Agteros

Ja backaxle' date=' you are showing your age... bones dont healso fast anymore?[/quote']

Sleepy

Interesting debate this one ... I have recently been reading a book on communication which talks of a problem we ALL have called 'The Curse of Knowledge'.

According to the book's authors (a couple of USA Profs who are coincidentally brothers) :

'Once we know something, we find it hard to imagine what it was like not to know it. Our knowledge has ?cursed? us. And it becomes difficult for us to share our knowledge with others, because we can?t readily re-create our listener?s state of mind.'

Which, brought back to MTB'ing ... means you need to try VERY HARD to remember what you felt like when you first started MTB'ing and forget how clever you are right now after months / years of experience.

- If you can do this, you will not call anyone a cissy.

- If you can't do it, you are on the road to arrogance and will consider others less able than yourselves to be cissys.

Check an excerpt here :

http://sourcesofinsight.com/2008/05/22/the-curse-of-knowledge/ (I cut & paste the above quote from here.)

I work in the science & technology field and can assure you that its alive & well there ... and I suspect in every field of employment .. how easy is it to forget what it was like on your first day at anything ?

So face the fact that we are all subject to the Curse ... and next time you're on the trail, give some encouragement to our newbies, could be all they need to keep trying smiley1.gif

T.

Ja backaxle' date=' you are showing your age... bones dont healso fast anymore?[/quote']
Sleepy

Another problem that comes with old age? the nap?

Tell you what' date=' Ive pushed my bike downhill more than once, if that makes me a sissy, so be it. I'd rather be a sissy than a broken hero.

[/quote']

????LOL

ok, my bike has pushed me downhill more than once.....