Brand pronunciation...

AndreZA

how do you pronounce Mampara

is it M-amp-ara or Mamp-ara or Mam-para ....

Dis my boetie daai. As jy dit nie kan sê nie, moet dit dan nie sê nie.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you've got a choice with a lot of these.

(shock horror - no, say it isnt so. Surely there's only one right way and that's the way I say it!).

Reason being cuz a lot of them are in foreign - like Be-Ann-Key. The French call their capital Parree; where we all know its really Paris (named after that blonde bird).

Anyone calling it Parree is gonna get laughed at & accused of being less than masculine.

So same with the foreign names for bikes and bits - feel free to go ahead and mangle the words to your heart's content, it dont matter and if enough people do it then, hey, then that's the correct pronunciation (in this here neck of the woods anyway).

I dont ask about the dedicaciaicdidecacici that one Eldron said cuz then it looks like i'm interested in Raleigh and those days are gone.

Gonna go for a coffee now - just a quick one, so it'll be an expresso.

Oh - if you want to push my buttons on saying something wrong "Cliff Richards" does it for me. Not cuz I like geriatric gays, just cuz its wrong.

what about a "mochiatto"

what about a "mochiatto"

I never buy those as I dont know how to say it & dont want to be attacked by plain-clothes Hubbers in Wimpy when I get it wrong.

There is a well known collective for exotic brands like Silverback,Raleigh,etc...

LOK

Lot of ***

I think you've got a choice with a lot of these.

(shock horror - no, say it isnt so. Surely there's only one right way and that's the way I say it!).

Reason being cuz a lot of them are in foreign - like Be-Ann-Key. The French call their capital Parree; where we all know its really Paris (named after that blonde bird).

Anyone calling it Parree is gonna get laughed at & accused of being less than masculine.

So same with the foreign names for bikes and bits - feel free to go ahead and mangle the words to your heart's content, it dont matter and if enough people do it then, hey, then that's the correct pronunciation (in this here neck of the woods anyway).

I dont ask about the dedicaciaicdidecacici that one Eldron said cuz then it looks like i'm interested in Raleigh and those days are gone.

Oh - if you want to push my buttons on saying something wrong "Cliff Richards" does it for me. Not cuz I like geriatric gays, just cuz its wrong.

It is one thing if the whole world pronounces a name differently then the country of origin, but it is a totally different issue if you are the only one.

Guest Big H

There is a well known collective for exotic brands like Silverback,Raleigh,etc...

LOK

Lot of ***

The collective description for Kranswurrem is "siestog", "sjeim", "double poster"

Cervelo is pronounced the same as Merida....lelik

Mackie aka Crank Brother is probably riding a Western Flyer or something similar, which explains his pronunciation problems with two fine bikes! :lol:

The collective description for Kranswurrem is "siestog", "sjeim", "double poster"

Hello Big ot sorry... H

Did not take long to catch the fish.

"double poster" am I ? where and when specifically

Here's another one.

Renault pronounced :- Renoo. Because Rian Cruywagen says so! And you know he is right because no one messes with the Cruywagen!

"Nou ja, dan groet ons tot more om 7uur. Haasdas Kanieskas is volgende"

Ok folks - knock yourself out with this one:

Peugeot

My fave version so far is - piggott (as in, Lester, the racehorse rider).