How to pimp a Raleigh

VincentBikes

Also a huge scale down in models available for 2011 - as well as no TT bike or Tandem - maybe the recession did really hit hard

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon I must try and find a buyer for my Team bike. But hard to find a buyer for a 56cm

My RC6000 57cm is also up for sale so yes not many people that size.

Yeah not impressed with the 2011 range. But apparently they will be bringing out higher end bikes when the sign up with a pro team again. Losing MTN hurt them abit.

They never lost MTN. Raleigh chose to withdraw their sponsorship. It is an indication that they are moving away from decent quality race machines and moving to the the entry level type of bikes.

I'm sure that Probike is aiming Scott at the upper end of the buyers and Raleigh at the lower end.

@Ferrous Oxide

What is your comments on those dura ace wheels?

Bought them from Shimano as a demo set and I can only talk of the utmost praise. I have done about 5000+ k's on them and not trued them once. The Durace Ace bearings run supersmooth and I think I reset them once. They feel stiffer than Ksyrium SL's but that is purely a subjective road feel and there is a defenite difference in accaleration they spin up quicker than my mavics. Most of the weight is in the hub itself so your inertia on the wheel is less and you can "feel" the difference. Note they are the WH7850 C24 CL and not the scandium ones. Quality of the rim and carbon is also great.

I'm sure that Probike is aiming Scott at the upper end of the buyers and Raleigh at the lower end.

So they've got bikes up to R10k in the Raleigh range and starting at R30k in the Scott range. What about the gap inbetween?