How to pimp a Raleigh

VincentBikes

Raleighs do not need to be pimped, My RC8000C a dreambike.

Agreed , Raleigh's don't need no pimping at all !!! B)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when you upgrade from a raleigh to a giant you need to put in the wine budget to cover the difference

I'd rather be riding than drinking :D:D :D

Nice bike!

Especially since its just the 'spare'...

Will that one go on the indoor trainer?

Yep! When required but currently the weather is OK for outdoor training.

Agree with cheese. I have a RC8000C and it's awesome. Only thing I have changed are the mavics cos they are, well crap!!!! My bike wieghs 7.1kg with pedals and cages so very happy thanks.

Agree with cheese. I have a RC8000C and it's awesome. Only thing I have changed are the mavics cos they are, well crap!!!! My bike wieghs 7.1kg with pedals and cages so very happy thanks.

The RC6000 Alu is way different in quality and price compared to your RC8000C which I presume is full carbon and it came with 105 and weighed Around 10-10.5 kg's. Never said there is anything wrong with them I actually had two.

I've also been a Raleigh fan, but they have really disappointed with their 2011 range of road bikes. They seem to have gone the entry level route with only one carbon model and the rest aluminium. They have also down specced their components as well. Hopefully they launch other stuff soon.

I had a RC6000 alu in 2008 also with 105s lekker bike but abit porky. Bought a Carbon team frame. Still abit porky. So instead buying new groups etc just bought the 8000. Yup it's full carbon. Now my poor team bike is at home standing on it's lonesome. Maybe time to sell it.

Not much of sa difference as they both come from the same factory....... they put the stickers on where the production line splits!!!!

oh yeah sure, and the designers of Raleigh and Giant are the same people.

Yeah not impressed with the 2011 range. But apparently they will be bringing out higher end bikes when the sign up with a pro team again. Losing MTN hurt them abit.

I had a RC6000 alu in 2008 also with 105s lekker bike but abit porky. Bought a Carbon team frame. Still abit porky. So instead buying new groups etc just bought the 8000. Yup it's full carbon. Now my poor team bike is at home standing on it's lonesome. Maybe time to sell it.

Are you saying the 8000 frame is better than the team or just the bike as a whole?

My team frame was the 08 model, think it weighed well over 1.1kgs. RC8000c frame 970g and the components are much better. Ritchey evo 2 bars, 4 axis WCS stem, WCS seat post.SRAM force groupset. So now I'm thinking RED group would be hot.

Are you saying the 8000 frame is better than the team or just the bike as a whole?

The 8000C is much better than the older Team. It is about 300g lighter, apparantly a lot stiffer and in my opinion looks much better.

The Team name was dropped for LTD name. For 2009/10 the 7000C, 8000C and the LTD all had identical frames, just different colour schemes.