What bike to go for

Fassy

How about chilling the **** out for once? So much of anger. It was a joke, really.

Yeah I'm just in a shait mood, just found out I have freaking Management training thing this Saturday so I am kinda pissed that I wont riding. So ill chill and appologize for mood inspired comment, if you chill on the brand bashing. We know you might not like them but dang i love em.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about chilling the **** out for once? So much of anger. It was a joke, really.

Yeah I'm just in a shait mood, just found out I have freaking Management training thing this Saturday so I am kinda pissed that I wont riding. So ill chill and appologize for mood inspired comment, if you chill on the brand bashing. We know you might not like them but dang i love em.

yes they are the south african disty for GT, goose etc

not sure but think they are still having like major blow out sale on some bikes just have a look, for how long im not sure

obike is clearing stuff at the moment... they don't actually sell you the bike, you order it and get it form a LBS that stocks obike stuff...

The zaskar and otero are totally different bikes.... The zascar will be over 3kgs heavier than the zaskar, and the zaskar will have far superior components.

This is because the otero is a dual sus and the zaskar is a hard tail... Think about exactly what you want and then decide. But at that price, there are far more (and possibly better) bikes!

Commiserations on your training thing and PMS. No brand hate, just spam and disguised advertising hate. In fact, I recommended a SB to a riding buddy on Sunday. True story.

So let's just be friends you angry orange pterodactyl you.

Commiserations on your training thing and PMS. No brand hate, just spam and disguised advertising hate. In fact, I recommended a SB to a riding buddy on Sunday. True story.

So let's just be friends you angry orange pterodactyl you.

That depends Timmy ......... who has to buy the beer :D

Gimme your address, I'll courier one down to WC for you (is that legal?).

As long as you pay your SAB duties.

Sometimes you strike bargains on 2nd hand bikes as guys tend to upgrade their mtb's. Got a wicked deal on my Giant Trance.

Many a love affair with MTB started on a GT.

HIT IT - you will not be sorry with the option you going for...

echo

GT of course, if obike still have bikes available go with them, have bought 2 bikes off the website with no problems

FRAME

GT NEW design hydroformed Kinesis Superlight custom tube-set Machined Head tube, disc compatible

FORK

Rock Shox Tora, 100mm of travel, 7050 al steerer, Air sprung with rebound damping and motion control

CRANKSET

Shimano Nine speed Octalink ,

BB

Shimano Octalink

PEDALS

Shimano PDM-520

FRT DER.

Shimano Deore

RR DER

Shimano Deore SLX

SHIFTERS

Shimano nine speed trigger

CASSETTE

SRAM 9-speed, 11-32

CHAIN

Shimano Nine Speed

WHEELSET

WTB Speed Disc XC with single eyelets

TIRES

Front/Rear 26"x 2.0 Kenda Karma 120 TPI with kevlar bead

FRONT HUB

Shimano Deore Disc

REAR HUB

Shimano Deore Disc

SPOKES

Stainless steel

NIPPLES

Brass CP

FRONT BRAKE

Avid Juicy 3

REAR BRAKE

Avid Juicy 3

BRAKE LEVERS

Avid Juicy 3

HANDLEBAR

Ritchey Pro butted 2014 alum, Flat, 31.8 mm clamp, 680 mm width,

STEM

Ritchey 6061 cold forged stem, with 6 degree rise, and 4 bolt face plate

GRIPS

GT Lock Down

HEADSET

FSA Integrated, sealed angular contact bearing

SADDLE

WTB Rocket V Comp with CrMo rail and Kevlar shoulders

SEAT POST

Ritchey 31.6mm 3 D forged

SEAT CLAMP

GT Alum QR

What do you guys think of these specs?

Thats for the GT elite i suspect, my lbs have both that one and the silverback nabraska in stock, this weekend I am going to wheigh the two bikes at my lbs to see what the wheight difference is. Looking to get my girl a new bike.

Both are really good looking machines, same price though the SB is much higher spec'd component wise. Would be interesting to see what the differnece would be on total bike wheight.