Fell this weekend? Let's hear 'bout it

Purnjap

WHAT IS THE THE PROPER THING TO DO, WHEN SOME ONE YOU DONT KNOW FALLS DURING A TRAINING RIDE?

You stop and help, someday someone will return the favour.

What is this falling thing people keep talking about??

It is when your gravity surpasses your ability

you would think that would be the norm, saturday lido group guy goes down hard, group keeps going like nothing happened, only the four people behind him stopped to help. i know there are bike marshalls, but at least stop to see if the guy is ok, its not a race.

You stop and help, someday someone will return the favour.

I saw those three red arrows during the Diamond Rush (70km) and decided today is not a good day to fall and break something....like a sissie I walked down..... :o .....but I am still alive and kicking!! ;)

Was that the section with all the loose gravel going down to the river crossing?

Said hello to the boulders on the first hectic climb on the Nissan Diamond Rush Half Marathon when I was trying to brave the hill on my bike, but ended up very much off the bike! Thanks for all the empathy from fellow riders that saw the fall (in slow motion) - apart from a bruised hip, knee, hand and ego, I'm okay, and eventually made it to the end. Compared to some of the other falls I witnessed, I came off quite lightly.

Well its not weekend but took my new bike to the local cross country track took a line I've taken easily 40 time but not paying attention I hit it a little bit to much to the right front wheel went into a rather large hole, needless to say I went straight over the bars.

Well its not weekend but took my new bike to the local cross country track took a line I've taken easily 40 time but not paying attention I hit it a little bit to much to the right front wheel went into a rather large hole, needless to say I went straight over the bars.

Hope the poor new bike survived unscathed?

Hope the poor new bike survived unscathed?

Bike is fine when I landed I spun around and caught it, was actually rather funny at the same time I went over I cramped.

Was laying there cramping with the bike on top of me, but still a great ride.

At groenies on Fiday I hesitated on the ramp near end and stopped half way up. Put my foot out into thin air off the side and fell slow enough to think about it for a while. Just some chainring marks on my leg to show for it. I felt rather stupid!

What is this falling thing people keep talking about??

To make myself feel better I inveted my own motto, "if you dont fall you dont ride hard enough"

See i feel less like an idiot already.

I went down at Knysna on a particularly slippery patch gowing down hill.

It was the thick black mud with the texture of butter.

I tried to 'change lanes' from the rider's track before me, but alas it was not meant to be. Front wheel was unhappy and decided to give way. Sent me sideways over handlebars and i did a breakfall, like in the movies. (fall, roll, and back on you feet in 1 move.)

The irony is that the soft mud that made me fall in the 1st place also got me out of the incident, without a scratch! B)