Never Ever, Ever.........

Ride over a cat ey4e at more than 70km/h.

I did last night and now I need a new back wheel. Was motorpacing a truck and hit one.

BANG, WOBBLE, WOBBLE, STOP. Two broken spokes and a way bent rim. Had to remeove the whole break caliper and jump on the rim just to get home. Even then the wheel caught both sides of my frame.

Ho well so it goes, now I can try my hand at wheel building.

That is not good news.

Luckily you don't need a torque wrench to build a wheel because YOU DO NOT HAVE THEM YET!!! Big%20smile

That will teach you to motorpace a truck! You are lucky you only hit a cateye and that the truck did not hit brakes.

Hectic Dick, you lucky to be alive!!! Seems like Truck Pacing is the in thing this season, Me, MW and Smallrebel was Golden Arrow Bus Pacing thru Green Point the other day, and I was pacing a moerse truck a week back, basically got tierd and looked for a easy way home hiehie, you have to be carefull thou!!!

Ho well so it goes' date=' now I can try my hand at wheel building.
[/quote']

....so it will break whent you hit a cateye at 30km/h ?

Get someone who knows how to do it....get DiLemma, aka Latrinus to do it

How much do you weigh again Dick? Do you think you were too close to the limit for the wheel you were riding?

I'm clueless about road stuff. Just discovered my 50cm Haro is a compact, which is why it sounds small but it's not...

With Dick's 3 litres of beer a nite he surely is one of the heaviest sub 3 ACT riders at 92k's or more.

if you guys pace a truck, doesnt the truck wanna pass you at some stage?

........a few less kilos and watch out.

Just need to gbet the AA in there first Big%20smile
gianni2007-08-16 12:04:28

........a few less kilos and watch out.

Just need to gbet the AA in there first Big%20smile

hi, i'm gianni and i'm a alco.................
holy roller2007-08-16 14:20:48

How much do you weigh again Dick? Do you think you were too close to the limit for the wheel you were riding?

I'm clueless about road stuff. Just discovered my 50cm Haro is a compact' date=' which is why it sounds small but it's not...
[/quote']

About 95Kg and I have 32 spoke rims with 2mm spokes. I have cheap heavy wheels as a continually broke the normal spokes.

But the good news............... I am loosing weight, I am sure of it. No Beer for three days already.smiley32.gif

sorry man, didn't mean to out you. have a good weekend. WinkLOLHAVE A LONG ONE WITH THE BOYS AND THEIR BIKES! Yippeeeee!

BBi, I have been doing this for a while now, no problems. the only issue is when the trucks keep changing from the Yellow lane to the main road and you go with it, you cant always see the cateyes.

It is also sometimes an issue when the trucks end up going too fast and you have to get out of the slip, especially into a strong headwind.