What makes zipp so special?

stewie911

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Spinnekop, sukkel jy nie om daai wiele te pomp nie?

Nee wat....oor die algemeen is ek 'n maklike pomp! <_<

That paving needs to be weeded quite urgently.

Not my paving.... ;)

And if it was, it would mean time away from the bike.....not happening...... B)

I have never owned a carbon wheelset. Have been cycling for 20 years and have only broken one aluminium rim(rock) . Broken a couple of spokes but never had one broken spoke on Mavik Ksyrium. Are these carbon wheels as bullet proof?

Ok, aside from the shear sexyness

Heheheh.....

Seriously.

I think it is a lot of marketing spin by the old Americans! They do it by FAR the best!!!!

Zipps are made in US. The Americans have this HUGE loyalty/patriotism when it comes to 'local is lekker'.....just have a look at how they sh8t their pants when Cannondale moved production to the East.

That said, Zipps are very popular amongst the US community and in particular the triathletes....something the Americans have a lot off it seems.

You'll find the Europeans will stick to Campy and Shimano stuff and if going carbon, the words Edge, Reynolds, Campy and Lightweight come up! Not that much Zipp.

Are the wheels fast.....hell yah!

Personally I like Zipp because it is not just a boxed rim but the profile is part of the construction of the wheel.

Did I mention sexy? :D

I have never owned a carbon wheelset. Have been cycling for 20 years and have only broken one aluminium rim(rock) . Broken a couple of spokes but never had one broken spoke on Mavik Ksyrium. Are these carbon wheels as bullet proof?

Been cycling for 17 years. Owned carbon Boras, Zipps, ridden Mavic Cosmics, Hed, Fulcrum and Planet-X.

Not one issue with a broken rim or spoke except for the Rolf Vector pro (Alu rim) where I broke a LOT of spokes.

The noise they make :D

Holly Roller is that you? I would not have known if I did not see your post count and picture that I recognize from FB :-)

Holly Roller is that you? I would not have known if I did not see your post count and picture that I recognize from FB :-)

'Tis indeed I, dear sir! ;)