2. Co2 inflator? Yes

3. Chain tool? No

4. Allen key set? Yes

5. Small loose bolts/chain links etc? No

6. Tyre levers? Yes

7. Patch kit? No

8. Money? No

Do you carry tools in the:

9. Camelbak? I wouldn't even ride with one of those, let alone carry anything in one.

10. Saddlebag? No, I use a bidon.

11. Cycling top back pocket(s)? Only if I can't fit the extra CO2 canister into my bidon.

12. Are you concerned about the weight of the tools you need to carry on a normal day ride? No

15. Would you like fewer objects to carry in terms of tools? No

16. Would you prefer to carry the tools attached to the bike rather than on your body? Bike

17. And a final open question: What do you find most problematic about your current setup of tools while biking? (If you have time, please write a small description of problem(s)) Remembering to actually take it on the ride.

1. Mini pump? no

2. Co2 inflator? yes

3. Chain tool? no

4. Allen key set? yes

5. Small loose bolts/chain links etc? yes

6. Tyre levers? no

7. Patch kit? yes

8. Money? yes

9. Camelbak? no

10. Saddlebag? no

11. Cycling top back pocket(s)? yes

12. Are you concerned about the weight of the tools you need to carry on a normal day ride? yes

15. Would you like fewer objects to carry in terms of tools? yes

16. Would you prefer to carry the tools attached to the bike rather than on your body? don't no

17. And a final open question: What do you find most problematic about your current setup of tools while biking? (If you have time, please write a small description of problem(s)) the tools is to bulk

MTB Only (commuting to work, Social rides and races)

1. Mini pump? Yes

2. Co2 inflator? Yes

3. Chain tool? Yes

4. Allen key set? Yes

5. Small loose bolts/chain links etc? Yes

6. Tyre levers? Yes

7. Patch kit? Yes

8. Money? Yes

9. Camelbak? Yes

10. Saddlebag? No

11. Cycling top back pocket(s)? No

12. Are you concerned about the weight of the tools you need to carry on a normal day ride? No

15. Would you like fewer objects to carry in terms of tools? Yes

16. Would you prefer to carry the tools attached to the bike rather than on your body? No

17. And a final open question: What do you find most problematic about your current setup of tools while biking? (If you have time, please write a small description of problem(s)) When commuting to work i have to unpack all my clothes to get to tools. If no clothes the tools slide to bottom of bag and then I feel it on my back.

• 6 months later...

1. Mini pump? N

2. Co2 inflator? Y

3. Chain tool? N

4. Allen key set? Y

5. Small loose bolts/chain links etc? N

6. Tyre levers? Y

7. Patch kit? Y

8. Money? Y

9. Camelbak? n

10. Saddlebag? y

11. Cycling top back pocket(s)? n

12. Are you concerned about the weight of the tools you need to carry on a normal day ride? n

15. Would you like fewer objects to carry in terms of tools? n

16. Would you prefer to carry the tools attached to the bike rather than on your body? y

17. And a final open question: What do you find most problematic about your current setup of tools while biking? (If you have time, please write a small description of problem(s))

Setup works quite well at present. Oh you might have added spare tube as well. Don't know if you consider that a tool or not?

I carry a glock 19. Concealed. 3 extra 15 round clips.

Does that answer your question?

Is Boksburg that rough?!

I am a roadie

1. Y

2. N

3. N

4. Y

5. Y

6. Y

7. N

8. Y

9. N/A

10. N - scrotum sack - not cool!

11. Y/N - race Y, Training N (tool bottle)

12. N

15. N

16. Y

17. And a final open question: What do you find most problematic about your current setup of tools while biking? (If you have time, please write a small description of problem(s))

Firstly - what happened to Q13 and 14?

I have no issues with my current setup :thumbup:

There you have it :thumbup:

Rule #29

No European Posterior Man-Satchels.

Saddle bags have no place on a road bike, and are only acceptable on mountain bikes in extreme

cases.

When was South Africa inducted into Europe?

I ride with a saddlebag on my road and mt bikes, may not look great, won't argue with that.

But it allows me to have things I might need while riding, Gu's/bars/money/phone in my back pockets and then puncture/other spare parts in he saddlebag.

Also when I ride with all the stuff in my saddle bag on my back, or even a water bottle it's hecticly uncomfortable.

I'd rather be comfortable than look cool.

When was South Africa inducted into Europe?

I ride with a saddlebag on my road and mt bikes, may not look great, won't argue with that.

But it allows me to have things I might need while riding, Gu's/bars/money/phone in my back pockets and then puncture/other spare parts in he saddlebag.

Also when I ride with all the stuff in my saddle bag on my back, or even a water bottle it's hecticly uncomfortable.

Hey, we get most of our technology from Europe. Follow The Rules of the Cog as set out by the Velominati (google is your friend at this point)

I use a tool bottle for training rides and only carry a tube, tyre lever, energy bar, Gu, with phone and money for races - in the back pocket.

Saddle bag and camelbak is fine for MTB.

BUT...DONT LISTEN TO ME - I THINK I HAVE JUST BEEN LUCKY THUS FAR!

1. Mini pump? NO

2. Co2 inflator? YES (never used it)

3. Chain tool? NO

4. Allen key set? NO

5. Small loose bolts/chain links etc? NO

6. Tyre levers? NO

7. Patch kit? NO

8. Money? NO (but then again I never carry cash, like in NEVER)

9. Camelbak? YES, CO2 and lube

10. Saddlebag? NO

11. Cycling top back pocket(s)? NO

12. Are you concerned about the weight of the tools you need to carry on a normal day ride? YES, reason why I dont

15. Would you like fewer objects to carry in terms of tools? N/A

16. Would you prefer to carry the tools attached to the bike rather than on your body? NO (but yes if it is VERY secure)

17. And a final open question: What do you find most problematic about your current setup of tools while biking? I assume it takes to much space and rattle.

I ride with a saddlebag on my road and mt bikes, may not look great...

These kids of today have no class or style!

Having your balls hang through the cut out section of a girly saddle would also be more comfortable but we don't do it. Ballsacks (read saddlebags) have no place on a road bike!

1. Mini pump? Y

2. Co2 inflator? Y

3. Chain tool? Y

4. Allen key set? Y

5. Small loose bolts/chain links etc? Only on MTB

6. Tyre levers? Y

7. Patch kit? Y

8. Money? Y

9. Camelbak? One or two extras on long MTB rides otherwise all in saddlebag.

10. Saddlebag? Y

11. Cycling top back pocket(s)? N

12. Are you concerned about the weight of the tools you need to carry on a normal day ride? N. The thought of getting stuck in the middle of nowhere far outweighs the concern about weight!

15. Would you like fewer objects to carry in terms of tools? If it can do all that I carry at the moment.

16. Would you prefer to carry the tools attached to the bike rather than on your body? Y

Nothing. I've spent good money on good tools that I know will last.

A six pound hammer will be lighter to carry. You can use it to stop anybody coming by so that their tools can help you out of your predicament. Remember to pour their water over their faces so as to revive them tongue.gif

But on the other hand, here is what I take with me

1x quick link set

3x bombs

1x inflator

1x spare tube

nx quick patches

1x multi tool

3x tyre levers

1x medical aid card

1x drivers licence

1x cell phone

1x some moolah

All goes into the camelbak, MTB does not have bottle cages no more, camelbak has space for tools and more

Not bothered about weight

Not a problem with what I'm carrying so far

no quick link/masterlink?!?!?!?!