IDT with PowerTap

Marius

With the fan on, your body doesnt have to expend additional energy to keep cool ... so you have all of that available for more power to the pedals Wink

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes yes, I know that Pops and Ronelle, but will this really help me get better? What I mean to say is, when I'm racing I['m not going to have a fan on me, my HR will be higher and my PowerOutput will be lower, so is it wise training in conditions you not likely going to experiance when racing?

Just feels like I'm cheating at the moment with the fan to acvieve Higher Power Output at reduced HR, is a lot easier, normally I could not finish my  L5 intervals and now I can do a few more if I wanted to..

when you are racing - you have an even more effective fan on you!! the real thing!

face the bad news Marius - you are in fact getting stronger  Smile

And you will still drop in the gutter, and sit at the wrong place in the sprint. NO equipment will teach you that. play more on the bikes and enjoy it. This sounds like work.

thx Ronelle, but I think my results will speak louder than words, I'll be able to tell after this season if I've gotten any stronger, but thx for listening to my ramblingsWink

GrootLem, it's been so long, now BITE ME PANSIE!Cool

hehe - I have to agree with GrootLem Marius. Stop worrying over the little things - either way you are getting a good workout. If you really want to see a difference in your racing, go racing.

yeah yeah, if only there was road races, but I'm stuck with doing Mtb races, maybe all this steady state Mtb races have made me better at holding the same power Output for longer, but it's not helping one bit for intervals eg Road Rcing, I remember how I suffered getting road race fit after all the Mtb'ing, it's really hardDisapprove so you doing Esslesfontein?

You could have ridden WP champs, or the Helderberg circuit race - so no excuses.

Naah - not doing Esselfontein. I think I will leave it to Titus to kick your ass...

Oooooh please, I'm not going to let a Roadie kick my Ass Velouria!LOL

Pops, ek het nuwe tubbies laat opsit, lekker swaar tubbies, 300g per tubbie, niks meer gerond fokkery met light weight *** nieThumbs%20Up

marius as jy wil verbeter op die pad, gaan ry baan. Ek en Latrinus ry SElati volg week, moerse unfit, my eerste stap na Epic met dick volg jaar.

"Baan" - wat is dit? Ek gaan Killarney begin die 12de, as dit my nie Road fit kry nie sal niks dit vir my kan doen nie. Wat is Selanti?

Selati - dis 'n suiker brand. Koop dit by checkers

En Lem, jy beter begin train, het Dick verlede saterdag middag gesien train , in die reen, op sy MTB. Die mannetjie train skelm. En hy raak al hoe kleiner :-)

Jy moet hoor hoe hy saam met die pro outjies 4 passes doen. Laat jou hare regop staan op jou arms.

Guest colonel

I must add here and nail me please I dont mind, I still to this day do not see the "must have benefits" of PowerTraining. If i have power I can get up a hill, go with a break etc I dont need a machine that costs between R6000? and R20 000 to tell me today my legs are tired?

If you use it for intervals etc then say you run a 10min interval at 175bpm @ say 40km/h then if you are getting stronger from the training you will be able to run it at 10min@ 175bpm but now you are doing 43km/h, you are getting stronger.

As I said IM not mocking power training at all here but I dont seem to understand the whole concept or the dire need to train with power or am I missing something here?
colonel2007-09-06 04:13:04