IDT with PowerTap

Marius

Swiss you right' date=' it takes us 20 sec to get to 300, but than it last for hours.

This piesang gets their in 5 sec, but it also only last 5 seconds.
[/quote']

LOL Ja wat, was just trying to be polite and not make any of the power peeps feel bad...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To add to all of this an example: In the Lost City race my heart rate sat over 180 for much of the time (averaged 165bpm for the race) and yet theoretically my threshold HR is 170 - I should have blown up. If I was riding using HR as the measure I would have backed off and got dropped for fear of blowoing up. Using the PM, I could see that I was riding well within my threshold power and finished comfortably in 2:25. My average normalised power was only 200watts for the race, some 80 watts off threshold. The fact that I felt pretty good after, no ill effects, bore testimoney to that. High HR must have been due to race nerves etc etc. I have often seen 20bpm difference in average HR over the same ride at the same effort. Once you have trained and raced with power you kinda wonder how anyone can train effectively without it. RPE is probably a better measure than HR, closer to power - in my opinion.