29 inch wheels on mtb

CatGirl

Ask the experts:

http://www.ninerbikes.com/fly.aspx?layout=bikes&technology=true&taxid=103

The jury is still out on the technology - some agree - some don't.

I'm pro 29er - I have the Niner Air 9 and love it. No 26er will ever be allowed between my legs again :D

As I always say: the ladies love the extra 3" ;)

As Eldron I have a 29'er. or two.

My one sentence on the topic ,don't think you are going to hop on to a 29'er. and improve your times automatically.

As Eldron I have a 29'er. or two.

My one sentence on the topic ,don't think you are going to hop on to a 29'er. and improve your times automatically.

There goes my plan to go faster at 94.7 MTB :( - might as well cancel that order :angry:

I was at the launch of the Fisher 29'ers. it could have been around 8 or 9 years ago if I remember correctly.

It does blow my mind that it's "suddenly" a craze, what's even more entertaining is how much faster people think they are going to get.

I was at the launch of the Fisher 29'ers. it could have been around 8 or 9 years ago if I remember correctly.

It does blow my mind that it's "suddenly" a craze, what's even more entertaining is how much faster people think they are going to get.

...Yah. Its all in the mind.

Did you also hear about Neil Armstrong? Apparently he walked on the moon!!

That was in a film studio. No ones been to the moon

That was in a film studio. No ones been to the moon

They mythbusted that. get a telescope and look at the flag and the moon buggy. keys still in ignition and the parking meter expired.

You do go fractionally faster being that your wheels have more rotational inertia... downfall is your brake reaction time is reduced which also actually makes you go faster..... not exactly when you want to go faster...

Is this thread serious?

(Just came back from the gym, so still a bit dizzy.)

Come on, concentrate!

Gary Armstrong rode a 29" frame to the moon...

You do go fractionally faster being that your wheels have more rotational inertia... downfall is your brake reaction time is reduced which also actually makes you go faster..... not exactly when you want to go faster...

Speed kills!!! ride a 26er

Do you actually ride one ?

Do you actually ride one ?

No but ive built two niners and tested a Giant XTC 29.

Anyway thats just what it says on the niner website.