Heart Rate

Also, don't you occasionally wake up gasping for air?

I am sometimes tired during the day...but that is usually after a late night, or when I have gone long periods without decent exercise sad.gif

Cool, according to the doctor your chances of having it with a BMI of under 25 is almost 0. My BMI is still around 28... ;)

That's the funny thing, I never used to wake up during the night even though I was gasping for air. My wife heard it though! :lol:

Does anybody know how to export the Heart Rate (or any other data) from the Garmin (or Sport Tracks) software into a table type format?

SportTracks has a CSV export plugin that allows data to be exported in an Excel-readable format. With a bit of effort, you can also open .tcx files directly in Excel and get the data.

You can't really analyse the spikes from that picture. The time scale is so long that even a 5min 'spike' is short compared to the total time. Likewise that plummet may be a single datapoint drop or it could be something that happened slowly over a minute or two. You'd need to zoom in to properly analyse it.

What recording rate were you using? Ideally you'd use 1s recording (or other fixed interval) if your HR monitor has the option. The smart-recording option on most Garmins could lose data from the spikes so wouldn't know it the spike was a single data point or someting that actually occured over a period of time.

You can also get dodgy readings from the strap shifting around when you move while you're sleeping.

Finally, just wearing the strap could disrupt your sleep patterns and affect what you're recording (I know I didn't sleep as well as normal when I tried it). You could try sleeping with the strap for a few nights to get used to it before getting good data.

rolleyes.gif Now that you mention it...my friend never noticed it either...but we sure as hell did when he randomly fell asleep on the floor while visiting us tongue.gif

Ah, thank you v much Edman rolleyes.gif

Ya, I only though about that this morning...had it (the Forerunner 305) on the other mode because the bat only lasts 3.5 hrs on 1s intervals.

But I think I will turn off the GPS receiver and just use the HR monitor...That should let it last through the night I hope :)

Thanks for the advice about the CSV export, it would be useful to analyse the data in Excel.

I could do some funky maths on it as well to see if there are any underlying patterns then laugh.gif

google R.E.M sleep cycles. or rapid eye movement. its the state where the body dreams almost wake stages of sleep. then the body goes into deep sleep again. this happens several times during normal sleep cycles

Also did mine last night, but at about three I took it off for some strange reason. Will do download tonite and publish graph, but avh Hr was 53bpm with max 92bpm. (was dreaming I won the 10 million Lotto and was building up my dream bikes and cars :D )

Tried it out last night and came up with this graph ...

I reckon those 'stairsteps' at 1:15, 3:00, 4:30 and 5:00 look like dodgy data.

I reckon those 'stairsteps' at 1:15, 3:00, 4:30 and 5:00 look like dodgy data.

He might have been dreaming that he is on stage... singing stairway to heaven!

He might have been dreaming that he is on stage... singing stairway to heaven!

Knowing Soxxx he was probably pulling his wire......sorry off topic, I will stop now :P

Hey guys, shot for the feedback :) i'll hopefully b able to post properly again in the week when i'm back in front of a real pc :)

The results from my sleeping test. Woke up in middle of the night and for some reason stopped HRM and removed the chest strap.

See I did 110km in my sleep, no wonder I'm so tired in the mornings. :lol: