The 3de most obese country!

PRO-beerder

Next time you are in the mall feeding face at milky lane just look around and see all the unhealthy overweight specimens waddling around.

Exactly what I was going to say! And they are getting younger and younger with sport period taken out of the school curriculum. Some young kids can't even see out of their eyes as the fat in their faces push up.

How do these fatties pro-create? The man can't find his d.ck(he hasn't seen it in the last 10 years) and if he does eventually find it, he wouldn't know in which "fat fold" to put it... YUK!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have a link to the artical?

Basicaly its down to the slapgatmodernwesternlimperialistic lifestyle we are hoodwinked into living...and yes it's also bill gates and steve jobs fault to...

No sorry only heard it on the radio

Exactly what I was going to say! And they are getting younger and younger with sport period taken out of the school curriculum. Some young kids can't even see out of their eyes as the fat in their faces push up.

How do these fatties pro-create? The man can't find his d.ck(he hasn't seen it in the last 10 years) and if he does eventually find it, he wouldn't know in which "fat fold" to put it... YUK!

:o :o :o

I'll ask hubby how he differentiated between the "fat folds" so that we could procreate and create two beautiful children.

Don't assume because one is fat - that they are UNHEALTHY!! I bet I eat better than some of you do.

I love how people put labels to others so quickly. I guess it is a fact of life.

Looking at me - you'd never say that I have nearly lost 20kg's - you see what you want to see. Yes, I am still FAT!! Guess that means I eat at McDonalds and KFC on a daily basis - sometimes twice I guess :blink:

Michelle

Hey, Puncture Girl, I am with you. I am still fat as well and I am trying my damndest.

BMI? What a load of drivel. It is not based on body type at all and does not differentiate between skinny, medium and large build. The last time BMI said I was "healthy" was when I was in std 4. Pfft. Tell me a that BMI works for Mr Fordyce as well as a body builder of the same height and I will laugh at you.

I have always been stocky (now I am about 10 kg overweight) but BMI says I was obese.

All generalisations are false!!!!! Even this one.

Another thing, a sample of 500 is 0.00116279% of the total population. Can the Statisticians please tell me what a representative sample should be?

Lies, damn lies and then you get statistics.

500 people isn't necessarily a poor sample size. Sample sizes are more dependent on what you want to measure, rather than the total size of the population. A bigger problem is that it is a sample is only taking from four urban areas: I doubt that's representative of the SA population as a whole.

I have not read the original survey but it's results would probably be better described as: "61% of SA's urban population have a BMI over 25, indicating that they may be overweight, obese or morbidly obese".

Of course, this isn't very catchy so when the media gets hold of these stats they sensationalise them to fit whatever news-selling agenda they feel like pushing. Hence we get the wildy innaccurate byline from today's Star: "61% of SA's population is obese".

If the media tribunal includes a mandate to enforce understanding and accurate reporting of statistical data then it has my full support.

Every time I visit SA I am suprise how "big-boned" we are! My old school buddies are convinced I must be sick since I weight relatively the same as back in school (odd 20 years ago)

The other day I went to the US to visit some suppliers in various states - came away with two conclusions: Colorado is absolutely stunning scenic wise and US women are getting fatter (didn´t thought it possible)

If the media tribunal includes a mandate to enforce understanding and accurate reporting of statistical data then it has my full support.

Baas Teds. Bloody Agents.

:o :o :o

I'll ask hubby how he differentiated between the "fat folds" so that we could procreate and create two beautiful children.

:blink:

Michelle

When you sit, does your stomach need it's own chair? When you walk, do your arms stick out like a penguin's wings because the fat pushes them up? If not, then you are not obese and my comment does not apply to you and I apologise if I hurt your feelings. There is a difference between plump and obese and so fat that you can't walk ten paces without needing to rest and catch your breath. Seeing as you cycle and excersise, I don't think you fall in the last two categories.

Does these statistics include or exclude all the fat cats in this country? also have problems getting the weight down, suffering from IBS and that just buggers up your digestive system.

When you sit, does your stomach need it's own chair? When you walk, do your arms stick out like a penguin's wings because the fat pushes them up? If not, then you are not obese and my comment does not apply to you and I apologise if I hurt your feelings. There is a difference between plump and obese and so fat that you can't walk ten paces without needing to rest and catch your breath. Seeing as you cycle and excersise, I don't think you fall in the last two categories.

Well now, according to that 'lovely' BMI index I am obese. A couple more kilos down and I'll be in the overweight category. No where is there a plump and fluffy category.

My question to you is - if you saw me on the street as I am now what would your judgment be. Would it be - OMG look how fat she is, I bet she eats at McDonalds twice a day or would the thought even cross your mind that I am at gym on average 5 days a week (nevermind the time I try and get in at the track) and sticking to healthy eating plan.

What hurts is the assumption that fat people are lazy and eat crap. There are many working hard at trying to lose the weight and turn their lifestyles around.

Surprisingly for me the gym workouts and healthy living work better for me weight loss wise than when I throw cycling into the mix. The moment I get back on my bike - low and behold the weight loss slows down considerably. It's frustrating and beyond spending fortunes on trying to find out why - I have no idea why it happens. I love my cycling - but it is adding a weird dimension to my attempts at losing weight. Strange - huh!!

Michelle

Does the cycling add weight or centimeters? Be carefull with that - I'd rather be 80kg and toned than 80kg and look like a blimp. Don't go on weight alone - get out the measuring tape.

How tall are you? BMI also looks at your height IIRC, so you might just be short?

To answer your question: I would porbably think:"Mmph, she could lose a few kg's". Sorry...

The scale goes up - measurements are slowly going down. Being a woman, I try not to let the scale rule my life but unfortunately some days it does. :unsure:

I'm short - 1.53

I did the Dome2Dome 40km on Sunday and for the first time in 4 weeks the scale went up. :( :(

My diet is mainly a low GI, 1 cup of decaff a day and water for the rest. :D

I shall persevere - my aim is to be 10 kg's lighter come 94.7 (I've lost 3 and have 7 to go)- I will be closer to goal weight but not at goal. Leary of doing races on weekends if it will hamper my WL goals.

Michelle

The scale goes up - measurements are slowly going down. Being a woman, I try not to let the scale rule my life but unfortunately some days it does. :unsure:

I'm short - 1.53

I did the Dome2Dome 40km on Sunday and for the first time in 4 weeks the scale went up. :( :(

My diet is mainly a low GI, 1 cup of decaff a day and water for the rest. :D

I shall persevere - my aim is to be 10 kg's lighter come 94.7 (I've lost 3 and have 7 to go)- I will be closer to goal weight but not at goal. Leary of doing races on weekends if it will hamper my WL goals.

Michelle

The biggest thing that helped me to lose weight was to increase my water intake and totally cut out cold drinks. After I lost alot I started drinking Tab as it has no sugar. Still only 1 cup of coffee a day and then it is proper coffee, none of this stuff made with chicory. I know have to eat more because I still lose weight. I still eat a burgers or pizzas and stuff once a week but I eat in moderation. You don't have to finish what is on your plate.