Sram Force or Ultegra

Guest coenie

I managed to get a set of Ultegra for R6500 brand new couldn't find Force anywhere close that and I'm not looking back comfortable in the hoods changing smooth and precise I thinks its alot to do with proper installation and I hear internal cabling can affect any groupset, I'm on a Raleigh RC LTD and it looks great

These days alot of online shops have it for R6500. Even less if you are willing to drop chain and cassette to a model lower.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

apparently the people put shimano blades on the SRAm cranks due to SRAM chainrings not being strong, like Lourens told me....I would rather take Ultegra, but thats personal preferance...a few grams wouldnt make a difference just fart before u cycle and u already 200gram lighter...

how do you find riding in the hoods, which one is more comfy?

I have the pre-2010 Force on one bike and Shimano 105 on the other (similar shape to Ultegra) and I like both! The Shimano hoods are nicer as they are narrower and the transition from bar to hood is smooth. Force has a bulky bit where it meets the bar.

Shifting is a personal choice. SRAM works, but remember not not try and downshift if you are in you lowest gear, because the release will then make you inadvertantly upshift!

Shimano works, so no functional need to move. SRAM works very well too. I have both. I'm happy

To be honest I would rather go with Campi chorus 11s or the new athena 11's, the athena full group is going for round R8000 retail.

BUT thats just me, campi man all the way to the marrow :D