XT freewheel body damage after 120 k's use

KevinG

Uuuuhhhhhmmm did I miss something, before online purchasing happened the prices were high thus pushing us to these very sites they now want us to not use?

So now only because we are going there in droves now suddenly 'if we ALL buy local' the prices will come down? Yip the easter bunny is real as well :angry:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IRLusForKakPraat.

50% on top of distributors mark up is close to 80% on overseas retail. Not cost price. Will buy from CRC and continue to support CWC locally.

I use a solvent and then rinse with normal garden tap.

Define "solvent". If it is a degreaser and you get it into the hub it could easily strip out all the grease. If it's dishwashing liquid it will be OK though.

Why thank you :P Never worked there...

Either he has balls, or is just brave due to lack of brains time will tell :) welcome to the hub.

Statements like you made is fine if you have substantial proof to back it up. Which in this case I doubt you have.

Shimano make great components and i would say overpriced but the new X series is even more expensive.

that said any company regardless of who you are: do bring out a bad batch or two that sneaks through quality control. And in some cases especially with US companies they work out the failure rate and the cost of warrantee fixes. And if its cheaper to fix than to recall an entire product they go that route. Not saying its the case this time but its a common business principle in large organizations.

As long as their aftersales service is good we should all survive even though it might be irritating.

I use a solvent and then rinse with normal garden tap.

So you therefore wash solvents into either the sewerage system or the stormwater system?

I suppose you also have a Save the Whales sticker on your Prius and solar panels on your roof?

You also bitch about the quality of the water in your local spruit and throw naartjies at town councillors who do nothing about preventing crap like that to enter our river systems.

Nice one.

Hi, I have a set of XT wheels used for training, also from CRC with the WTB LaserDisc and centre lock system. I'm on my 2nd replacement Freehub body in 12 months. Sorry this is an issue with that range. My Epic partner has done 2 stage races and loads of single day races on a XTR wheelset - serviced annualy it is in season 3.. no issues there!

Then a comment on the response above (IR Bikepro) - I support the LBS - got nothing to do with where you buy it, secondly the one time I used CRC for warrantee and customer service it was fantastic to say the least, postage was free too.

Everyone has a right to their opinion though but it must be based on facts not perception... Yawnnnn

:( :angry: Fork!

Took my brand new XT's out on their maiden voyage yesterday and it lasted all of 6.8km before something went wrong!

Back wheel is not free wheeling at all and effort must be used to turn the back wheel.

Taking it back to the shop tomorrow, so Ill see what they say.

Damit, another fork for reading the wrong thread, on the other thread the reports were groovy and I thought everything was going to go smoothly :(

Cool, Shimano did not ask many questions, they are sending me a complete new back wheel :D only getting it Monday :(