Dropped!

Mr Legs

Just came home a little night ride out towards Spes Bona. At the Boland / Lubbe robot I was joined (for a short while) by a rasta man on a road bike on his way back home (Fisantekraal) from work. Dressed in jeans, boots and a big bag on the back.

He promptly dropped me. I did manage to draw level about four times, but that was while he was furiously punching a few messages on his cell phone. I wanted to ask him about joining our team for the DC, but at that stage he was too far ahead.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know him well, he is one of 32Gi's customers, thats why you could not catch him :rolleyes:

Hey, MDW, although the Rastafarian dropped Mr Legs, I did catch you on M Net's SuperSport last night... Well done on the marketing drive, man. :D

Hey, MDW, although the Rastafarian dropped Mr Legs, I did catch you on M Net's SuperSport last night... Well done on the marketing drive, man. :D

I dont own a TV so never got to see it, they are supposed to be running it 8 or 9 times over the next fw weeks, will ask them for the DVD, short and sweet I guess ...

Just came home a little night ride out towards Spes Bona. At the Boland / Lubbe robot I was joined (for a short while) by a rasta man on a road bike on his way back home (Fisantekraal) from work. Dressed in jeans, boots and a big bag on the back.

He promptly dropped me. I did manage to draw level about four times, but that was while he was furiously punching a few messages on his cell phone. I wanted to ask him about joining our team for the DC, but at that stage he was too far ahead.

Classic!

I have had the same thing while running in the morning, black dudes in work clothes and work shoes obviously late for work dropping me up hills.

You sure it wasn't Latrinus?

Maybe he had one of those (hidden) motorized bikes, lol

Or maybe he just stole the bike so was in a rush to get out of the area

I love it when the worker guys on their road bikes try race me when I'm out on my mtb :D I usually drop them until I run out of gears (if its downhill) and then they fly past me grinning from ear to ear :lol:

I once had (as mtb_josh states it) a "worker guy" in his overall and safety shoes and on a DIKWIEL sit on my wheel for at least 10km. I was on a training ride and hammering it, he was obviously on his way to work, and maybe late. He did try and go to the front once or twice, but could not maintain the speed. I did try and drop him once, but thought, "Hey this is fun, lets see how long he can last" Maintained a speed in the lower thirties for most of the time, and he comfortably sat on my wheel the whole time, overall flapping in the wind.

RESPECT MAN.....

I once had (as mtb_josh states it) a "worker guy" in his overall and safety shoes and on a DIKWIEL sit on my wheel for at least 10km. I was on a training ride and hammering it, he was obviously on his way to work, and maybe late. He did try and go to the front once or twice, but could not maintain the speed. I did try and drop him once, but thought, "Hey this is fun, lets see how long he can last" Maintained a speed in the lower thirties for most of the time, and he comfortably sat on my wheel the whole time, overall flapping in the wind.

RESPECT MAN.....

Look, Wannabe, those commuter dudes has some serious base mileage all year round! :D

All you did was add a bit o' intensity that morning. Sweet!

The guy who does my paper route in the mornings, is super fast!

He does over 60km's a morning!!

I picked up his bike and it weighed a ton!!! Imagine him on a sub 7kg bike, he will kick my ass.