Trail Running

Weight Weenie

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just picked mine up today, let you guys know once I've run in them!

damn those are sweet!! they look super light! let us know how they are Flex

ps where did you buy them?

Ja Woppo is another beast entirely !

Where did you see the Camelbak waist pack ?

Im lusting after one big time, as currently I cant really go for with one bottle if its hot ( I tend to drink allot versus Celeste for example, always bumming water from me :D )

Carpet calls me the Camel, I run two hours without drinking :lol:

On the Fivefingers guys are winning lot's of trail events.

Races are being won in Leadville and a few other serious ultra's with New Balance MT 101 's

Anton Kuprica actually has quite a bit on his blog and also announced the New Balance Minimus, this is the shoe I will take with me if I was to do something like the race Amoryn mentions here, the Vibram's just don't offer enough for sharp rocks.

These minimalist shoes encourage forefoot/barefoot style of running.

I know Micah True was given a pair of MT 101's and for a man who did Leadville in sandals to rave about shoes, it has to say something.

there was actually an article in the Mens health a while ago which had some info as to the advantages of running barefoot. Maybe the FiveFingers have been developed on this research

man this shoe fetish is getting too bad now :lol: just saw the new asics noosa 2011

i want !!!!

mmmm nice colors :huh:

Carpet calls me the Camel, I run two hours without drinking :lol:

Mmm you sure they not referring to your toes when you wear those Five Fingers ? :P

Still deciding between KSO and Bikila for my next buy.

KSO may be better for the trails, but it's my road shoes that are more worn out and I think the Bikila will be a better hybrid.

there was actually an article in the Mens health a while ago which had some info as to the advantages of running barefoot. Maybe the FiveFingers have been developed on this research

Google Barefoot Ted Macdonald.

Vibram have been making soles for many years now developed by Vitale Bramani the first successful attempt on K2 was done on Vibram rubber.

The fingers shoes were made for yachtsmen, and climbing that was till Barefoot Ted contacted the company.

Mmm you sure they not referring to your toes when you wear those Five Fingers ? :P

:lol: :lol:

Very sharp.

Stewie the KSO Trek Sport.

That Camelback is R 350 locally with the two gel flasks and 1 podium bottle.

Even cheaper if you order from CWC Online, which I just did earlier today. As you can see, its been an expensive day for me :blink:

Even cheaper if you order from CWC Online, which I just did earlier today. As you can see, its been an expensive day for me :blink:

I don't see it on their site.

:lol: :lol:

Very sharp.

Stewie the KSO Trek Sport.

You're the second person to recommend them, so KSO it is.

How much did you pay for yours and where?

crappy that we have no trail series in gauteng for summer like the Capetonians...they have everything, the beach, the mountain, the series...grrr