Trail Running

Weight Weenie

Give me a break, this was my first 10k since the army, 20 years ago. I do mtb hill intervals on Norfolk 7 to 10 reps 7min up 3min down. It's also been a while.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just emailed them...

Phoned the lbs yesterday to ask about the pack.

Dropped by there this morning unanounced and they had gotten a demo model to check out, big up to Bester Cycles and Camelbak SA !

Tried it on, the is perfect ! Was looking for Specialized BG fit logo's :P

Pity the double bottle one is not in sa, will get from crc, but might get a one bottle one as well, or first. Wish it also came with the insulated bottle

Flex what was hte cwc price and do they have stock ? colours ?

Flex what was hte cwc price and do they have stock ? colours ?

CWC price was around R300 (can't remember exactly), and only one colour available, which was the Formula 1 red.

CWC price was around R300 (can't remember exactly), and only one colour available, which was the Formula 1 red.

Thanks, think I'll get one before Xterra

Thanks, think I'll get one before Xterra

Last year the run took me like 25min for the lite, so if you hydrate on the bike you should be fine for the run.

But then again you're used to drinking constantly.

Last year the run took me like 25min for the lite, so if you hydrate on the bike you should be fine for the run.

But then again you're used to drinking constantly.

Think you may quit your day job, how did you manage that ?

We need to organise a night run once a week or month. Same concept as DnD. Someplace safe.

www.kineticgear.co.za are arranging a monthly night trail run on the 1st Wednesday of every month. Check it out!

www.kineticgear.co.za are arranging a monthly night trail run on the 1st Wednesday of every month. Check it out!

Erik, that run is magic. I did the December one after you told me about it and will be back every month from now on. Its incredibly well organised. Highly recommended, Hubbers :thumbup:

Think you may quit your day job, how did you manage that ?

haha, you run till blood come out of your ears

Awesome. WIll check it our thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to report that I was able to get one of those Camelbak Delayney packs from the LBS for R360, did an 11km run in groenkloof in the rain with it and initial impressions are great ! Very comfy, no bobbing and the bottle stays put, weight is very evenly spread.

Also impressed with the First Ascent Mageneeto jackets, worked very well in the rain, kept me dry but didnt overheat.

• 2 weeks later...

So did any of you hubber do the Kinetic run last night ? Really flat and fast, can't call it a trail run IMO (ok maybe I'm spoilt with Groenkloofs trails...)

So did any of you hubber do the Kinetic run last night ? Really flat and fast, can't call it a trail run IMO (ok maybe I'm spoilt with Groenkloofs trails...)

I did, my second one and was awesome. It's more like a cross country run but good fun nonetheless. The December one was much hillier, was at Jackal Creek golf estate.

The Hansa draft afterwards worked a treat :-)