Bottelary warning

raptor

I think david16vis refering to Spaansemacht road... :unsure:

Ya I know , so whats wrong with that road , I have never had a problem blink.gif.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have had some coloured chaps in a Old beaten up Golf try and drive as close as they possibly can to see if they could scare me and my girl to fall over on botelary.

Ya I know , so whats wrong with that road , I have never had a problem blink.gif.

If the criteria for riding was yellow lines and run-off, there wouldn't be anywhere to ride in Cape Town. Don't ride Main Road, don't ride Muizenberg, don't ride Clifton ...

If the criteria for riding was yellow lines and run-off, there wouldn't be anywhere to ride in Cape Town. Don't ride Main Road, don't ride Muizenberg, don't ride Clifton ...

And we wonder why most of the cyclist that get knocked down is on those areas? And yes that should be the criteria avoid roads whithout yellow lines wherever possible its just safer.

Ive nearly knocked a couple of guys over in the Glen Garry Muizenberg kalkbay stretch, theres hardly enough room for cars on those roads let alone bikes.

Have had some coloured chaps in a Old beaten up Golf try and drive as close as they possibly can to see if they could scare me and my girl to fall over on botelary.

I've had a simliar experience where they try and ride as close to you as possible... I was then clever enough to tell the guy what I thought about his mommy... he wasn't impressed :blink: and then they proceeded to tune me all types of kaka, when at that moment I got a nice "green slimmy" in my throat and aimed it their way (another bad move)... mr. green slimmy then decided to fly through the passenger window and land nicely on the inside of the windscreen with a lovely *splat*... then I k@ked myself coz they stopped the truck up the road and waited for me...

So I had to make a u'ie and try and ride away from them (while hearing their footsteps and cursing behind me)... I got away... but only just... I'm sure I would've gotten mo3red, and hard... :lol:

last saturday i was cycling through st.james past muizenberg and there was this asshole walking along in my direction and when i passed him he decided to run alongside me trying to keep up. I gave him a (BEK-SKOOT) and that sorted him out. Wasn't going to take a chance being a victim.....

Exactly cool.gif

Yesterday i was riding on the R44 and one or other poephol came pasing me as i was leftest side of the rode 5 cm from my handelbar his mirror was just missing me so i gave him the up yours and a few swear words and he did it on purpus because the road didn't have alot of cars

In summer I freeze my water bottles...so when people do **** like this u just throw it against there rear window...what a good way to give them some **** back!

That's when you need to pull out a sawn off shot gun and pump the f&^%ers full of led... :angry:

Especially brave since there were two of you...

Glad you and your dad are okay, raptor...

That is so Clint Eastwood! :huh:

"Go Ahead... Make My Day..."

In summer I freeze my water bottles...so when people do **** like this u just throw it against there rear window...what a good way to give them some **** back!

That sounds great in theory, but in practice, that car could stop and 4 okes with bats looking for trouble could get out and make you and your bike look like a bendy Pinarello...

I had a similar situation, the first time I rode on the roads here. Two guys in a white nissan bakkie tried to run me off the road cause I took exception to them cutting mme off and me almost going over my handlebars - I managed to catch up to them. One swift discharge of pepper spray into there bakkie had them coughing and spluttering their lungs out. That was the first and only time Ive ridden on the roads here, after commuting for 10 years in London :angry:

Look at this instrument ...

http://www.cyclelab.com/products/KIMBER%20GUARDIAN%20ANGEL%20JPX.aspx

A bit bulky to carry around though?

I've used one of those before - its two shots with an easy reload but more for close combat (no more than 5 metres) where a knife/pepper spray/asp just won't work. Its small enough to carry on your hip without being to uncomfortable.

I would say, stay cool, get the plates and sort it out when you 2 are on even ground or via the SAPS process.

Trust me, not a good idea. Tried it about a year ago after a disagreement with 3 taxi's and got the cr*p kicked out of me plus a few stitches in my ear.