What to upgrade

fandacious

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hidden
I'm sure you can get lighter for that price.

Care to point me in the right direction?

------->

or maybe

<-------

Hidden

My friend recently got himself the "solis" and paid R7500 for it.  Not sure of the weight but with his Zipp 404's and Sram Force groupo his bike comes in at 7.00kg complete.  He has ridden bianchi before and he seems very happy with the solis, especially considerin what he paid for it.

Hidden
My friend recently got himself the "solis" and paid R7500 for it.  Not sure of the weight but with his Zipp 404's and Sram Force groupo his bike comes in at 7.00kg complete.  He has ridden bianchi before and he seems very happy with the solis' date=' especially considerin what he paid for it.[/quote']

Who makes Solis? Who imports it in SA? But I still think I'd rather go with a known name
Hidden
My friend recently got himself the "solis" and paid R7500 for it.  Not sure of the weight but with his Zipp 404's and Sram Force groupo his bike comes in at 7.00kg complete.  He has ridden bianchi before and he seems very happy with the solis' date=' especially considerin what he paid for it.[/quote']

Who makes Solis? Who imports it in SA? But I still think I'd rather go with a known name

I just remembered Solis aswell. they are quite light. Wherever you'll find Ravx accesories, you can find these.

Hidden

He got it from our local bike shop but if i remember correctly Cajees were selling them at one stage.  Maybe it is not a well known brand but i am sure that it is a pretty decent frame.

Hidden
I'm sure you can get lighter for that price.

Care to point me in the right direction?

Produx is in Killarney Industrial Park - take the first entrance , 1st right at the end of the road turn left and then about three roads up right into Brands Hatch. full carbon fibre frame , fork -  ask to include a carbon fibre seat post and handlebars. if you have decent wheels and components to build over to the new frame your bike should come in at under 7 kgs at a reasonable price. and best of all the bike will be built to fit you. but if you want to go for a mass produced piece of taiwanses tin..... it's your decision and your money
Hidden

Go have a look at Cycles Direct in Parklands. Last i was there they had some old stock Specialized frames for sale. In particular an alu/carbon Allez frame and fork for under 5K.