Robbie, just for you to get the temperament right, for CWGames

Seepglad

Would he last the Hindian Commoners Wealthy Gaymes?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. At which stage of the race would Robert Hunter bale out?

• He'll pace for first 80kays like two years ago, citing team labour
    • At exactly halfway
    • 3/4 way
    • Never, he'll crawl to the finish
    • He'll finish strong
    • He won't start, complaining about the accommodation
    • He'll have a helluva good race, supporting his team, and exiting gloriously

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grow a pair then read the highlighted bit and you might realise what a poor analogy it is.

I don't detest the man.

Thinks I like about him:

Good solid sprinter.

Hard worker.

Gutsy.

Wanted to bliksem someone with a wheel.

I am being told he also has big respect in the peleton.

My dislikes:

When he made the cancer comment.

The night at Cyclist of the year awards , we all stood there watching him as he threatened to moer Greg, Wesley Fowler then decided to show Hunter how to ride a roadbike and folded his roadbike on the vert.

Sure Robbie is a stand up kinda dude but so is my dinges.

Pffffttt, saddle sore :blink:

Dangle my friend... When Malcolm wins a race out in timbuktu where I finish 4th, 10mins behind him because there were only 30 guys riding and he adds it to his tally. Well then I think his 400 wins loses some of it's prestige. Robbie has over 30 wins in races ranked in the 1.1 or higher cat by the UCI. I dont no Malcolm's exact numbers but if he has won more than 10 at the same level I will be very surprised. Believe me I dont think Malcolm is a bad rider at all, in fact in their younger days Malcolm was definitely a better rider. Robbie just persisted oversea's and thats where all the difference was made. So no im not insulting any1 and dont intend to, if it is perceived that way, but rather im backing our most successful cycling athlete- not something us saffa's like to do all that much. I do get sinfully frustrated at those who find pleasure in downsizing their neighbour.

Everyone has their flaws, but those people who like 2 revel in others have even more. It's a pity... But luckly there is such a thing as grace. :-)

Nicely done!

Many years ago, back when the Internet was all just trees, there used to be "SA Cyclist of The Year" award. One for men, and one for women. No distinction between various two wheeled pedal powered disciplines.

That year, Robbie Hunter became the first South African to ride the TdF.

And Greg Minnaar won the DH World Cup.

Here on Planet Earth, nobody was terribly surprised that Greg won SA Cyclist of the Year.

Robert Hunter was not impressed, spat his dummy, chucked his toys and generally behaved like a spoilt brat. Even to the extent of claiming that he would do a better job of riding a DH course than GM would do riding a road race course.

For that arrogant petulance, and regardless of what he has done in the rest of his career, Robert Hunter will remain, in my view, a total and utter cock socket, and as far from a role model (I'm looking at you Boet) as it is possible to be.

I remember each month RIDE mag came out with about 6 "HUNTER VS MINNAAR" letters from the public.

He can ride a bike for sure, but this thread has been so jusitifed by him pulling out already! I reckon he must be the Wayne Ferreira of SA cycling

He rode for floyd landis a while back... i wonder what he has to say for himself regarding that...

I guess not much, he pulled out too early :lol: :lol:

But on a more serious note.

Dangle my friend... When Malcolm wins a race out in timbuktu where I finish 4th, 10mins behind him because there were only 30 guys riding and he adds it to his tally. Well then I think his 400 wins loses some of it's prestige. Robbie has over 30 wins in races ranked in the 1.1 or higher cat by the UCI. I dont no Malcolm's exact numbers but if he has won more than 10 at the same level I will be very surprised.

Boet my tjom, you argument has improved, that sounds better than the 1 tour win B)

Everyone has their flaws, but those people who like 2 revel in others have even more. It's a pity... But luckly there is such a thing as grace. :-)

Hopefully Hunter will stop reveling in others.

Luckily neither of these two really float my boat.

Like it or not Robbie is our best we have right now

How to determine that brutal fact - I can think of 8-10 riders who are better than him, but have no way to prove that attestation.

...and should be our childrens 'cycling hero'

Why, for a grootbek sore loser to be a role model?

So those of you who hate Robbie, need to grow a pair and realise that none of you were or are half as good as Robbie.

Again, how does one measure that fact?

Too many bitter has beens out there that never amounted 2 anything.

Such as yourself?

You made no positive difference then and you not making one now either.

How to measure that fact?

CL

ps: as you can clearly see, I was a bit bored today....

Yesterday, I thought this tread was very snaaks.

But I thought I would give Mr Hunter the benefit of the doubt and voted that he would at least make it 3/4 of the way

(when the thread was still about world champs)

Now that he has pulled out of worlds even before it started, this thread is k*k snaaks! :D :D

He rode for floyd landis a while back... i wonder what he has to say for himself regarding that...

He vigorously defended Landis at the time of the positive. But Lance is a bigger mate now, it seems.

Now that he has pulled out of worlds even before it started, this thread is k*k snaaks! :D :D

:lol: :lol:

Agreed.

At least my kids have it all together.

Ask them who their cycling hero is and they answer, "my dad"

How to determine that brutal fact - I can think of 8-10 riders who are better than him, but have no way to prove that attestation.

I am talking in terms of international success, no one is more successful than Rob. though i still would be interested to know who these 8-10 are????

No, because he is the hard working South African who never gave up and made it. Perseverance is a good quality for the young riders to look up to, especially coming from SA. Sure his "big mouth" doesn't always make him the number one flavour but then again people are just sensitive nowadays. hehe ;)

Again, how does one measure that fact?

Well say Robbie has 30 international wins... half would be about 15, more or less, wouldn't it?

Such as yourself?

Well not that my aspirations lie within the realm of pro cycling but yeah if im a has been now then i suppose one day when i turn, say... 25, would that then make me over the hill?

How to measure that fact?

Suppose it's all relative, pro cycling/mass participation or recreation/development. In terms of pro cycling though... ridden a major tour-(Robbie,John-Lee,David,I wana say Ian but i know you'll slander me from here to mars with your clean bottle! haha)? managed a pro team overseas (Copeland, Barry)? medaled at WC or were responsible for development of rider that attained any of these goals, etc...

CL

ps: as you can clearly see, I was a bit bored today....

as you can see, so was i. :D

Boet, thanks for your positive change in general attitude...it's refreshing to see someone attempting to live up to what he stands for.

Carinus

Boet, thanks for your positive change in general attitude...it's refreshing to see someone attempting to live up to what he stands for.

Carinus

:)

When does www.cyclingacademy.co.za go live?