Bib Shorts - best value for money?

Dangerboy

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Frail4Life

CWC own branded Kit. Bibs are R650. Alot more comfortable than FA or other local brands.

Love my Vermarc as well - paid R1,5k for them - but well worth it, imo. Depends on what model chamois you go for, I think...

Best bib-shorts I ever had, were a pair of "Series" - which I believe had old-season Assos chamois in them... Made in Bulgaria, or some odd place Balkan side, if i recall correctly... They weren't too expensive - and soooper comfy... Wish I knew where to get hold of a few pairs again... Anyone?

I agree 100% I have Giordana and Series and on 100km plus ride there is absolutely no difference between the 2. My LBS managed to get me some Series just the other day although I understand it has been discontinued.

I have Assos, Giordana and First Accent shorts, the Assos are nice but not worth the money IMO, the Giordana's are great and relatively well priced, I dont like the First Accent bibs at all, I have a Castelli jersey and the fit is amazing so would imagine that their shorts are good too, planning on getting some from CWC, their prices are really good but they dont have all of the sizes in stock anymore. The Italian bibs are generally a smaller fit than the local ones so if you're for example a medium you'd probably want to get a large.

So my vote would be Giordana.

I have 2 pairs of Mr Price Sport specials. OK bibs for short rides (max 90 minutes!)

Anatomic Gold - comfortable padding. Maybe a bit on the thin side for those Panorama or Jock days, but The Fast One type rides, 100%, actually 110%

Vermarc for me is tops though. I (1)don't have the R's and (2)can't motivate R2500 for a pair of shorts. The Vermarcs are great and VERY comfortable.

Endola Enduros all the way.

They fit better than any of the local bibs, are super comfy, the chamois lasts, there is no shifting, bunching or any of the other stuff people often complain about.

No Sweat is about the best of the bargain basement stuff.

Anatomics just don't do it for us...

• 2 weeks later...

I've got 2 pairs of First Ascent and 2 pairs of Cape Storm. The fit of Cape Storm and the padding and price of the FA will be my perfect pair.

+1

Nooit weer koop ek n First Ascent produk nie, my bib was skaars n jaar oud toe sien ander mense my gat sonder dat ek my gat gesien het.Bib sit nie lekker nie, het nou n VERMARC gekoop by Flandria die beste bib wat ek nog ooit besit het. VERMARC