NEW LICENSE RULES!

Quantum

Belong to the PPA (obviously) and as such have a recreational licence paid for on my behalf....which brings us back to the budget etc:  I make that around R 340 000 paid over by the PPA to CSA (17 000+ members @ R20)' date=' so I'd like to know what the money is used for/earmarked for.[/quote']

the ppa have always bragged about their 18 000 members but its closer to 8 000.

please explain the part that the PPA pays for your recreational licence.

Right now I believe the actual figure is over 17 000 members, but feel free to disagree Big%20smile (or check with the PPA)....but that's not the point:  Regarding the recreational licence (which becomes a reality in January 2008):  The PPA pays the R 20 licence fee for each paid-up member.  I'm not sure whether they simply pay over the money for all their members (a sort of de facto affiliation fee) or whether they exclude payment for members that take out cyclosport or full licences.

(In addition the PPA also pays a certain amount to the CSA per cyclist taking part in an organised funride, not exactly sure what the amount is)

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

(In addition the PPA also pays a certain amount to the CSA per cyclist taking part in an organised funride' date=' not exactly sure what the amount is)
[/quote']

At Road and MTB Funride events, R2 per rider must be paid over to Cycling South Africa. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

For each late entry, the organiser has to pay R4/rider to PPA.

Organiser to pay R3 across to PPA for each temporary number sold (cost of number: R5)

Do the math.

Belong to the PPA (obviously) and as such have a recreational licence paid for on my behalf....which brings us back to the budget etc:  I make that around R 340 000 paid over by the PPA to CSA (17 000+ members @ R20)' date=' so I'd like to know what the money is used for/earmarked for.[/quote']

the ppa have always bragged about their 18 000 members but its closer to 8 000.

please explain the part that the PPA pays for your recreational licence.

Right now I believe the actual figure is over 17 000 members, but feel free to disagree Big%20smile (or check with the PPA)....but that's not the point:  Regarding the recreational licence (which becomes a reality in January 2008):  The PPA pays the R 20 licence fee for each paid-up member.  I'm not sure whether they simply pay over the money for all their members (a sort of de facto affiliation fee) or whether they exclude payment for members that take out cyclosport or full licences.

(In addition the PPA also pays a certain amount to the CSA per cyclist taking part in an organised funride, not exactly sure what the amount is)

i attended a meeting earlier this year with the PPA and all the organisers of the funride events. there was a question put to the PPA as to amount of members they had and it was confirmed that they had about 13 000 of which 7/8000 were active. the questioner then asked "how come the biggest turnout at an event only peaks at 2 500" and then the PPA spin doctors retorted by saying "would you be able to handle 7 - 8000 entrants at your event? eventually it was agreed that the majority of members took part in the Argus and the Sanlam Burger only. it would be interesting to find out how many members renewed their subs in July.

re the licenses , that kicks in in 2008 , i wonder how thay are going to accomplish that? because there are ppa members who are already licensed. CSA levy - all organisers of cycling events must pay R2 per rider to the CSA - only the PPA haven't been paying this, which is a sore point with the clubs in the WP (ask Francois of Falcons) as the first thing you deduct from you income via entry fees is the CSA levy. The PPA is now going to start paying the R2 levy.

(In addition the PPA also pays a certain amount to the CSA per cyclist taking part in an organised funride' date=' not exactly sure what the amount is)
[/quote']

At Road and MTB Funride events, R2 per rider must be paid over to Cycling South Africa. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

For each late entry, the organiser has to pay R4/rider to PPA.

Organiser to pay R3 across to PPA for each temporary number sold (cost of number: R5)

Do the math.

see my post - the PPA haven't been paying the levy to the CSA but now that L Whittakar and D Bellairs is on the CSA Board they have been requested to start paying over the levy.

re the licenses ' date=' that kicks in in 2008 , i wonder how thay are going to accomplish that? because there are ppa members who are already licensed. CSA levy - all organisers of cycling events must pay R2 per rider to the CSA - only the PPA haven't been paying this, which is a sore point with the clubs in the WP (ask Francois of Falcons) as the first thing you deduct from you income via entry fees is the CSA levy. The PPA is now going to start paying the R2 levy.
[/quote']

Good question.  As I said, not sure whether they will exclude payment for those members that are already licensed.  Regarding the CSA levy; as I have it (and as this disagrees with a statement that you posted, I'm willing to accept that my info is wrong), that the PPA did in fact pay these fees for a while for FUNRIDES, until it came to their attention that most other provincial bodies were in fact not paying these fees (excluding WP), and so they stopped doing this.  All in all though, this comes back to the same thing:  we would all like to know what the money will be used for by the CSA:  a budget would help (like Latrinus said).  Otherwise discussions like these will continue.....Confused