NEW LICENSE RULES!

Quantum

Quantam, if you want to follow the masses, please go ahead!! And I think the comment Delgado made is he would rather fail than blindly accept any crap thrown his way, you obviously like the taste of crap and enjoy blindly accepting...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Delgado, it is not a matter of principle, I think you are just selfish and self-centered and are only interested in what you can get out of cycling and could not be bothered putting something back. Cycling clubs promote cycling, without them what infrastucture would there be to support cycling in SA? Who do you think organizes all these fantastic races that you want to ride? Anybody who thinks the D2D was a success can thank Cresta Wheelers whose members put something back into a sport they get so much out of!! If you want to race, abide by the rules or go race by yourself (you might even win Wink)

Clearly..... You would rather fail.....

PS have you seen what a jelly fish is all about sweetheart!
oh...by the way if I was a sweetheart I would have had all your pocket money by now!!!

Join the club and get the license. At the end of the season after all the races and rides sit back and reflect on what a great season it was.

Not worth the time or money to try and change the minds of the powers that be at either the CSA or PPA.

They say it is to help the sport and put back what we got from it.Well we worked f%$^ing hard to get where we are and deserve what we have.

Maybe the CSA and the PPA should talk to cyclists and not policy makers to see what they want instead of forcing everything on them.

They might just be surprised at the feedback they recieve.

Just my opinion.Confused

Thanks Carbonboy! Its actually about dodging the crap and potwholes and alot of hurdles you are going to come across, but in life unfortunately sometimes you do come across crap in wierd ways, and you somehow turn that crap into a lesson, then it doesn't leave such a bad taste in your mouth. And as cliched as it is what goes around comes around! Thumbs%20Up

You guys are missing the point still/again. I'm happy to give money to CSA and the provincial body, but being forced into joining a club is not acceptable to me.

The problem is that most of the license fees come from the road runners.  But most of the money is spend on track (Olympic) athletics which is a small elite group and admin fees (including trips to world cup events and the Olympics for officials).  I see the same thing happening in cycling.  Most of the money will be spend on a small elite group' date=' road and track, and the rest on admin.

I consider my running license fee as Running Tax.  Now I will have to start paying Cycling Tax too. Dead  

[/quote']

my 2 c . at the moment , any money that is raised by the licensed cyclist pays for admin costs ie there is no other funds available to send representative teams o/seas or implement any development. so what is the alternative? carry on as we have been since pa fell off the bus or ???? the majority of the cyclist in the argus / 94.7 are recreational and are quite prepared to pay in excess of R150 to ride the event without having any say as to where those funds are employed. is the money raised ploughed back into cycling? NO

Actually, you are incorrect.

Most recreational cyclists who ride the big races know very well where their money is going - CHARITY - its well published, the sponsors promote it, the charities thank them for it, some people even ride to collect money individually for the charities - so NO, its not ploughed back into cycling, because to be honest and blunt (please dont take offence), what did cycling put in to expect a return - in my opinion it gos to a better cause and is one of the reasons why many folk participate.

What has / will cycling (or a license) done (or what will it ever do) for Mom and Pop who puff their way around in 7 hours and go home feeling good that at the very least, they contributed to someones dinner next week?

Why expect them to be "happily" inconvenienced.

Even lap dogs bite when they are pushed too far. 

wierd argument Widget - why don't the sponsors just sponsor the charity instead of trying to convince thousands of people onto their bikes once or twice a year. is all the money raised given to the charity? i don't think so. theres no such thing as a free lunch.

u make as though "cycling" is a person u don't like!!!! but u are a cyclist (aren't you) and there fore should do something it or will you be just content to sit on the side badmouthing your sport no matter who "cycling" is.

1) Decide which events you want to ride.

2) Enter the ride, and if there's an arrangement between the event organiser and CSA requiring some contribution from the event, so be it.

3) I hope that the funds so made avilable will help to promote the sport. I know - for a fact - the sport will not be promoted if nobody contributes. I think that the decision makers will sometimes get it right, and every bit helps. They will get it wrong on other occasions, and accordingly pay the price for it.

4) If you are not a club member, do not want to join a club, but just want to ride a couple of rides, enter those events & buy the day license. Its cheaper than you think, and I cannot belive that a trillion dollar industry - the wwweb - is being used to bitch about R30 levied (on occasion) for a noble cause. 

5) Allow CSA the funding to promote the sport, lobby for support, and promote a healthy reason enabling one to justifiedly consume  canned bread.

6) If you are unhappy with the derelict CSA structure, their condescending manner of enforcing 'their way', their poor marketing skills, their lack of constructive effort, their lack of transparancy, feel free to join them and help fix the f-up.  If you then do get it right, you'll look like a saviour, a swashbuckling knight (riding a symphony of italian craftmanship and componentry)  in tightfitting lycra, and a post will be dedicated to your very effort, on this very hub.

(Oom BigH might mention that you overpaid for that bike, the professor could explain that it's not really an 'Italian bike', some dirtrider will lure you over to the dark side and a mamparra might even make a truly unforseen comment, but that's really the fun part of it all.)

Oh yes;  and if you are really - reeaally - concerned with your bloody seeding, join a club that can help you sort it out.

Simple, really.
peloton2007-09-18 18:33:48

Exactly it all about attitute and what you put into the sport is what uou going to get out of it. Okay its not all going to be plain sailing! but then again thats just how it is! and communication is always a good thing! Funny enough someone out there is willing to help you.Wink

At the end of the day we do want this sport to be promoted. So people should be contributing willingly with a positive attitude!Approve

and as PELATON said:

4) If you are not a club member, do not want to join a club, but just want to ride a couple of rides, enter those events & buy the day license. Its cheaper than you think, and I cannot belive that a trillion dollar industry - the wwweb - is being used to bitch about R30 levied (on occasion) for a noble cause. 

Star

Did not realise there was a monetary limit to what could we discuss on the web. And I will contribute willingly, just not a clubs coffers.

The concern  in respect of overcontribution to a "club's coffers" and "why must I pay" is a bad, purile point.  It lacks vision. It lacks optimism. It lacks good faith. It is destructive.

The fact that it might on occasion be true is irrelevant.

Support the sport via its structures, or start your own. It will entitle your opinion. Let's see whether YOU will be able to please all of the people, all of the time, at the same time generally being prodded and subjected to 'skinder' and even the odd 'vicious rumour' mongerer who has an axe to grind.

If you neither contribute nor have an alternative, why should anybody listen to you? Just because you bought a bike does not mean a helluva lot. Trying to impress the cycling masses with justification of your opinionated lack of support of the exsisting structures, is just strange.

Please refer to actual instances of skullduggery, of fraud, of deceipt, of embezzlement that the voiciforous detractors of CSA so vehemently insinuate. On this the participant cycling mass can and will act.

The instances you love to  refer to (Winningtime! Women Cycling! Development Disagreement! Dave Bellairs! Rule enforcements!) are but examples of common, day to day, of run of the mill problems that exist in any organisation, anywhere, anyplace, anytime. Albeit occasionally inflammating, they don't really mean too much.

For R30 a pop, I wouldn't want that job...

THE BIG QUESTION: HOW MANY OF US ARE DOING THE AMASHOVA THIS YEAR? I bet most of us moan gatte are entered already and will be doing the same for 94.7 and Argus, so you already R90-00 out of pocket for these three races alone this year.

What about next year are you going to abandon riding in races because you will not contribute to your provincial or national body by way of a licence fee. CGC has only one paid official on it's books and yet the world is expected from CGC in ensuring all is right at events and getting issues resolved with CSA etc. The rest of the exec do this out of their own free will.

The concern  in respect of overcontribution to a "club's coffers" and "why must I pay" is a bad' date=' purile point.  It lacks vision. It lacks optimism. It lacks good faith. It is destructive.

The fact that it might on occasion be true is irrelevant.

Support the sport via its structures, or start your own. It will entitle your opinion. Let's see whether YOU will be able to please all of the people, all of the time, at the same time generally being prodded and subjected to 'skinder' and even the odd 'vicious rumour' mongerer who has an axe to grind.

If you neither contribute nor have an alternative, why should anybody listen to you? Just because you bought a bike does not mean a helluva lot. Trying to impress the cycling masses with justification of your opinionated lack of support of the exsisting structures, is just strange.

Please refer to actual instances of skullduggery, of fraud, of deceipt, of embezzlement that the voiciforous detractors of CSA so vehemently insinuate. On this the participant cycling mass can and will act.

The instances you love to  refer to (Winningtime! Women Cycling! Development Disagreement! Dave Bellairs! Rule enforcements!) are but examples of common, day to day, of run of the mill problems that exist in any organisation, anywhere, anyplace, anytime. Albeit occasionally inflammating, they don't really mean too much.

For R30 a pop, I wouldn't want that job...

[/quote']

Read my post again....I am happy to support CSA and the provincial Bodies and pay the required fee, I just do not see the need to belong to a club to licence, it just adds an extra level of expense for something I do not want or need. How this lacks vision, optimism & good faith is beyond me and it is hardly destructive.

PS: The truth is never irrelevant.

I think I did miss your point E1A104.

In  reading the posts again I think I might have strayed...

Sure, it makes sense not to have to become a member of a club.

It's actually THAT simple.