Selling Fake Goods - Illegal

Fast R

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be a tool and believe that your holier than thou crusade against replica kits produced in (in fact a sheet load of other Chinese product "fakes") China is going to lead anywhere, tool.

ag whatever, you missed the point, and I suppose everyone else fighting any cause is wasting their time as it won't cause people to change their habits? tell Mandela, King et al that. Engage your brain before responding in a reactive way.

Hmm, Cheap Chinese Rubbish, its everywhere.

What concerns me and it has been for a while, is the number of groupsets, parts etc for sale. And I don't like the number of bike-jackings thats going on. I sometimes get the idea that someone selling on here is involved with bike-jackings. Its just one of those feelings!

ag whatever, you missed the point, and I suppose everyone else fighting any cause is wasting their time as it won't cause people to change their habits? tell Mandela, King et al that. Engage your brain before responding in a reactive way.

One should choose their battles wisely; surely you engaged your brain and saw this "hidden" message in my original post? So don't be a tool (thanks for showing me the use of this word BTW) and engage your brain before using hardware terms......unless you are a cycle parts distributor/LBS owner, who wants to continue keeping on fleecing the SA cycling public?

Yep, one man's terrorist is another mans freedom fighter....but a tool remains a tool in anyones' language. and the use of the term "ag" tells me you are a "gereedskap"

One should choose their battles wisely; surely you engaged your brain and saw this "hidden" message in my original post? So don't be a tool (thanks for showing me the use of this word BTW) and engage your brain before using hardware terms......unless you are a cycle parts distributor/LBS owner, who wants to continue keeping on fleecing the SA cycling public?

Yep, one man's terrorist is another mans freedom fighter....but a tool remains a tool in anyones' language. and the use of the term "ag" tells me you are a "gereedskap"

Is that the best you can do?

Hmm, good luck reporting this if you hope to get a response from the authorities.

In principle you are correct, it is illegal, but to get the authorities interested enough to act, it will generally require -(a) The Brand holder or official agent will need to object and / or lay a criminal charge (b)The goods are been sold commercially and in sufficient quantity (ie) you can point to a warehouse of counterfeit clothing somewhere, you can show a number of street vendors selling the goods, a number of shops retailing the line etc - if 10 or 12 sets were imported and sold here based on an advert in a forum, Hmmmm, I think you will be outa luck, thats just a case of "buyer beware".

....I agree, its wrong, but I get the feeling this is just an opportunistic seller, its hardly organised crime or a major counterfeit business.

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Hmm, Cheap Chinese Rubbish, its everywhere.

What concerns me and it has been for a while, is the number of groupsets, parts etc for sale. And I don't like the number of bike-jackings thats going on. I sometimes get the idea that someone selling on here is involved with bike-jackings. Its just one of those feelings!

Thats something I agree with 100% :( Sad, but I think its very true.

Last week I bought a genuine Rolux watch and Rey Ban glasses from the sales agent Cnr william Nicol and N1. :)

Should have taken bets on the duration those posts remain on The HUB

they gone man,

Now where is that waffle........mmmmm

Last week I bought a genuine Rolux watch and Rey Ban glasses from the sales agent Cnr william Nicol and N1. :)

Nice, I love the Alfa Downhill cologne the sell :lol: , I wanted to buy one just for the name....genius

Nice, I love the Alfa Downhill cologne the sell :lol: , I wanted to buy one just for the name....genius

Yeah guessing it will smell fake as well