Nick Bester attacked and robbed

Sammajoor

Hey Tumble .. that article brought some seriaaas hard gulpy swallows. Have you heard from Mathilda again ?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting discussion. I have posted this before, but please read Rory Munnion's take on riding armed, which I've attached below. My personal experience - and my incident happened long before this particular crime became as widespread as it is now - is that they will search you for a weapon. If you have one, be prepared to us it.

Ohhhhhh, it's Munton, Munton boet ;)

@ Grumpy, as far as I know yes the two Griffith brothers case is the only case where we are certain that a sticky finger was killed.

Ohhhhhh, it's Munton, Munton boet ;)

@ Grumpy, as far as I know yes the two Griffith brothers case is the only case where we are certain that a sticky finger was killed.

Oops, my bad…and I shoulda known better…sorry… :unsure:

Hey Tumble .. that article brought some seriaaas hard gulpy swallows. Have you heard from Mathilda again ?

Not for a while. Will get in contact with her when I get a gap.

Oops, my bad…and I shoulda known better…sorry… :unsure:

Just wanted to fix it before he stumbles on to it, he is a mad man I will let you know :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just wanted to fix it before he stumbles on to it, he is a mad man I will let you know :lol: :lol: :lol:

And not afraid to use his gun!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Thanks for the correction. :thumbup:

Yes two brothers, the bike jackings came to a dead halt (excuse the pun)

If i recall they were arrested and charged with murder :angry:

Anyone know what the happened with the court case?

Never heard the outcome, but they became "national heroes" to the cycling community.

Just a thought, can any of you remember a/the school bully, remember what happened to him when he got bliksemed back ?

These thugs are bullies and perhaps it's time to take a stand, just a thought.

I nominate the Griffith brothers to take charge of the sting operation.

I'll check with my wife, but I believe they were aquitted on all counts.

Hi Slowbee & Tumbleweed. I'm doing just fine, thank you! Busy training for the 94.7 in November on a tandem with my hubby... It's really GREAT being back, I'm even considering getting on the back of a mountain bike tandem (Horror ;) )

aaaaahhhh !!! goose bumps!! *insert big hug icon thingy that I cant find* oh man you going to be doing the 94.7 that is just soooooo AWESOME !

Even though you dont know me you have motivated me to do so much with what I have.

That photo of you on the trike that was posted here and in Tread was awesome !

Interesting discussion. I have posted this before, but please read Rory Munnion's take on riding armed, which I've attached below. My personal experience - and my incident happened long before this particular crime became as widespread as it is now - is that they will search you for a weapon. If you have one, be prepared to us it.

Thanks for the treadlink...as slowbee said those stories are a serious wake up call. Between this and the bruma lake story its like a serious reminder of the situation in SA.

Fargin bleak... :(

Thanks for the treadlink...as slowbee said those stories are a serious wake up call. Between this and the bruma lake story its like a serious reminder of the situation in SA.

Fargin bleak... :(

The beers still good :thumbup:

I had my doubts but watching the SC interview last night seems that bike jacking is an organized scheme, the guy they caught admitted to watching MTB'ers and being told to leave bikes he hijacked at a central point which would be collected later

Edited by scotty

Ive said this all along, makes you sick to think that its someone involved in the industry or a fellow cyclist. I suppose their will always be dodgy people involved, no matter what the business/industry is. You just wonder who? :unsure: This may be way off the mark & very speculative but could shops/dealers be involved so that more bikes/parts get sold. It wouldnt be the first time this sort of thing has happened :o Does make you think though. :huh:

I think we as a cycling community should all get involved in the eBlockwatch and start looking out for each other more.