Standard Bank thugs

MaxUmis

Seems Flex has done the right thing, stated he was not aware of the pushing/shoving shouting, not to say it did not happen but in such a big bunch you cannot be aware of everything and apologised. If stilll issues not resolved sort out via pm, failing that handbags at 10 paces and come out swinging.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I now associate your brand with words like: inconsiderate, endangering, arrogant, bullies. Good luck in trying to get me to ever use your services :thumbdown:

Only now?? I realized that a long time ago and it had nothing to do with cycling!

Get fit and ride faster so you can be the one catching bunches while shouting "Keep Left" or please just STOP CRYING:

post-4352-025608600 1287421408.jpeg

Only now?? I realized that a long time ago and it had nothing to do with cycling!

Get fit and ride faster so you can be the one catching bunches while shouting "Keep Left" or please just STOP CRYING:

post-4352-025608600 1287421408.jpeg

+1

MaxUmis, get over yourself! Especially considering that Flex has already acknowledged your rant, provided an explanation for what you might have considered to be inconsiderate behaviour...and more importantly apologised:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/1723-amashova/page__st__80

I can also only imagine the number of cyclists in your group that wanted to jump into the faster Standard Bank group and contributed to the chaos. I don't think it is fair that you choose to pick on a group just because they have the same kit on and make an easy target.

Well put :clap: , MaxUmis...Please stay in road cycling, and don't join us in mountain biking.

Oh crap is it roadie season already?? Where did the year go, need to plan the holiday before everything is booked out.

Ps. I really think the old std bank tagline epitomises why this bunch overtook:

Simpler

Better

Faster

Ps. I really think the old std bank tagline epitomises why this bunch overtook:

Simpler

Better

Faster

Good one, lol

Well put :clap: , MaxUmis...Please stay in road cycling, and don't join us in mountain biking.

He is a MTBer and has improved in leaps and bounds. It is a bit annoying if guys cut in when you are passing in a group, but that does not give anybody the right to act like hooligans. One of the reasons I prefer to cycle by myself.

Give them gas Maxumis!thumbup1.gif

I took up cycling very late in life and I quickly learnt that, generally, the better the rider the more arrogant and self centred they are. Those Standard Bank riders were VERY good riders and the Mr Price riders from Durban are EXTREMELY good riders.

I just accept it and it does not worry me as I am bigger than 99% of these VERY GOOD riders and can give more than what I get!! :D

Road cyclists and arrogance goes hand in hand? Was ready to beat a few after Amashova as they still felt the need to still take over the roads while chatting and blocking the roads:angry:

I rode the Up Ride with the Standard Bank guys on the Saturday and had a fabulous time. Their two marshalls really did a great job and made the Up Ride safe.

In the race on Sunday, I was dropped and riding on my own on the left when a small group came past me and even they shouted to me to keep left. It let me know that they were there and made it safe for all of us.

At higher speeds there is no time to shout nicely, "Please keep left and let us through." You will only hear a quarter of the sentence and they will have passed you. By shouting for you to keep left they are letting you know that they are there and passing you.

They passed me and I joined the back of their group. They saved my race.

MaxUmis, it seems to me that you are just very bitter and had a bad race. As a result you are unreasonably using this Standard Bank group as a way to vent your anger. You had a bad, live with it and focus on the next race. The Standard Bank group did absolutely nothing wrong and actually made it safer by shouting when they passed you. If they hadn't you wouldn't have known that they there, you move across and you have a tremendous pile up that takes down many riders. Maybe you could also improve your bunch riding skills if you not comfortable riding in big bunches. Just a suggestion. Use it. Don't use it.

The only pain I had with the bunch (not only the Standard Bank guys) was at the end. Why go for a sprint? That was a bit dangerous and a guy in front of me nearly lost control with everybody behind shouting "Hold your line!". I see no reason in sprinting for 300th and so on. For the rest I think it was normal racing and nothing serious to moan about.

I rode the Up Ride with the Standard Bank guys on the Saturday and had a fabulous time. Their two marshalls really did a great job and made the Up Ride safe.

In the race on Sunday, I was dropped and riding on my own on the left when a small group came past me and even they shouted to me to keep left. It let me know that they were there and made it safe for all of us.

At higher speeds there is no time to shout nicely, "Please keep left and let us through." You will only hear a quarter of the sentence and they will have passed you. By shouting for you to keep left they are letting you know that they are there and passing you.

They passed me and I joined the back of their group. They saved my race.

MaxUmis, it seems to me that you are just very bitter and had a bad race. As a result you are unreasonably using this Standard Bank group as a way to vent your anger. You had a bad, live with it and focus on the next race. The Standard Bank group did absolutely nothing wrong and actually made it safer by shouting when they passed you. If they hadn't you wouldn't have known that they there, you move across and you have a tremendous pile up that takes down many riders. Maybe you could also improve your bunch riding skills if you not comfortable riding in big bunches. Just a suggestion. Use it. Don't use it.

I think maybe you need to re-read his original post.

I see no reason in sprinting for 300th and so on...

Even funnier when the guys sprint for 24,362th place during the funride world champs in march! :D

Edited by Tankman