NCR: FFS!!! another killer speeding driver

slowpoke

a colleague was killed yesterday afternoon crossing the road in front of the office. GTi speeding. Youngster driver. Daddy and family came to support the "poor little" driver.

i can already hear all the appologists here saying "oh it's just an accident" "the kid made a mistake" "shame he's going to live with it on his conscience" etc etc etc... i'm sick and tired of this abdication of responsiblity, accountability and answerability.

i hope this little twerp AND his family who are supporting and defending him suffer the misery they have inflicted on the family and friends of his victim. NO amount of PSEUDO "guilty conscience" will EVER bring a dead person back.

RIP :(

Kids and fast cars don't go together.

My nephew was given a Polo GTI for his 18th and on Friday,a month later, he put it on the roof in a ditch.

i dunno why folks dont send their kids on advanced driving courses. There they can safely go crazy and very quickly realize that driving fast is not an innate skill for the majority of peeps. In case it sounds like condonation, it's not. The twerp must man up to what ever fault. He better pray he wasnt speeding.

i dunno why folks dont send their kids on advanced driving courses. There they can safely go crazy and very quickly realize that driving fast is not an innate skill for the majority of peeps. In case it sounds like condonation, it's not. The twerp must man up to what ever fault. He better pray he wasnt speeding.

he was driving so fast that Herman was flung high up in the air and his body landed a long way from the point of impact. the outsurance guys apparently figure he was going over 160kmph

In town?

Wouldn't surprise me. Hot hatch drivers are idiots (yes, I'm generalising, and I feel perfectly justified in doing so).

Eish... thats not cool. Condolences to the friends and family

For the drivers sake I hope he wasnt speeding, thats the rest of his life ruined. Young drivers and fast cars are not a good combination unless they learn respect for their car and its capabilities in the right places.

From personal experience advanced drivers courses teach you a lot, but at the end of the day the way you drive on the road boils down to respect for yourself and for those around you.

he was driving so fast that Herman was flung high up in the air and his body landed a long way from the point of impact. the outsurance guys apparently figure he was going over 160kmph

FARK, in town?

jeez. He is just plain fckd!

SeanN: very well stated.

Edited by Capricorn

One of my hobby horses is the use of the word Accident.

Accident implies it just happened. No responsibility.

Every vehicle related death has a cause. There are no accidents. Either through negligence, malice, breaking a law, drunkeness, vehicle not roadworthy etc.

Every vehicle death starts with a conscious decision by a driver to operate a vehicle is a certain way, that decision is what leads to the incident that results in death.

The majority of deaths are caused by Collisions. This more accurately reflects that there is a cause and responsibility must be taken.

I have previously emailed the both Radio 702 and 94.7 Highveld traffic reporting departments and raised the issue. Both agreed with the sentiment but habits die hard and they still report on Accidents every day.

This may be just semantics, but I believe it is more when we start to understand cause and effect and ulimately culpability.

Slowpoke, sorry for your loss. I know the above doesn't actually make any difference to the situation, but I only hope that a mind or two is opened to the concept of cuplability.

Every vehicle related death has a cause. There are no accidents. Either through negligence, malice, breaking a law, drunkeness, vehicle not roadworthy etc.

Every vehicle death starts with a conscious decision by a driver to operate a vehicle is a certain way, that decision is what leads to the incident that results in death.

The majority of deaths are caused by Collisions. This more accurately reflects that there is a cause and responsibility must be taken.

I have previously emailed the both Radio 702 and 94.7 Highveld traffic reporting departments and raised the issue. Both agreed with the sentiment but habits die hard and they still report on Accidents every day.

This may be just semantics, but I believe it is more when we start to understand cause and effect and ulimately culpability.

Slowpoke, sorry for your loss. I know the above doesn't actually make any difference to the situation, but I only hope that a mind or two is opened to the concept of cuplability.

i truly like the way you've put this, and i'm glad that i'm not the only one who feels this way. so many people fight with me the whole time saying "he/she/i didn't mean to .... it was an accident" yet they are saying this to defend knowingly and intentionally breaking the law and causing harm/damage.

sjoe dis darem horrible! daai kind gan nou met sy gewete moet saamleef, dis nou as hy een het, want party mense het nie! party mense gan deur die lewe, maak en breek nes hulle wil en suffer net NOOIT die consequenses nie.

nog altyd gewonder hoe werk dit???? :cursing: :cursing:

No one under 21 should be allowed to drive high preformance vehicles - Advanced driving training will not help

20% of road deaths are pedestrians so at the risk of being pedantic you need to add the word "pedestrian" in there somewhere - not all collisions are the fault of the driver...

Any collision/accident is avoidable - winessing one is something I don't wish on anybody - it's just nasty. Not somethind anybody should have to go through.

RIP fellow road user.....

sad and tragic. Many lives ruined once again because of senceless cars that are bought for those who don't have the responsibility sence to drive them. A car is a weapon if used incorrectly. And little snotnoses barely out of school doesn't have that. RIP. and in town... I don't even drive 160 on a open highway... :angry: