Cyclist manners

Grebel

I always greet Santa Cruze riders.....bugger the rest

I bet that takes them by surprise.

You must be pretty pooped tired by the end of a ride!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bet that takes them by surprise.

You must be pretty pooped tired by the end of a ride!

:blink: had not thought of that.......................rodger and out

Edited by Kranswurm

Its as difficult for me to help someone as it is difficult for them to f**king lift up their hand to greet me... but I'm usually one to slow down and ask cyclists next to the road if they're ok. My previous post is how I feel about the "can't/don't want to /too good TO GREET types"

Pah - I figure you're just like me - much as I pretend to be some high faluting king of the non greeting coolness I am just a big softy that will stop and help anybody.

Admit it - you're a big lump of cyclist love (this has nothing to do with the other posters suggestion of buggering everybody).

(I also greet people but don't tell anybody - it'll ruin my image).

Its people in general that have no manners, not just cyclists. Try greeting some runners, motorists, pedestrians......

Its people in general that have no manners, not just cyclists. Try greeting some runners, motorists, pedestrians......

I think the word you are looking for is respect (or the complete lack thereof). Problem is that there isn't any! People don't respect each other, the rules of the road, the rules of the country and pretty much everything (I am generalising. If this hurts you are probably one of them) Show some respect to a fellow human being. Say good morning to a runner, walker, pedestrian etc , give somebody a gap in the traffic (except if they are driving like a tjop :angry: ) don't park in a handicapped zone, stop at robots. You get the idea.

Try it, it might change you for the better. ;)

I had a great idea, if we greet everyone we see then Canondale can make a new lefty for us, they can leave off the right side of the handlebars :lol: :lol: :lol: