Woolworths

scuzzy

I did'nt feel offended by your "sorry for christians" rant, so get over yourself regarding this now already. Keep well

There is power in the words we use, Jackes, that is all.

Who is "we"? :huh:

No offence taken here. :)

(Hi-jacking done)

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, Woolworths is one of the better consumer orientated supermarkets, and on top of their game when it comes to listening to the customer's requirements, so this gaffe is very unusual.

Whatever your belief and opinion, this kind of incident creates negative publicity for the store, and yes, I think some folk would have boycotted the store had they not apologised.

In this tough retail enviroment no supermarket can afford to lose customers and negative publicity, so I think they had no option, they had to back down for the immediate moment.

I am totally againt the principle of the issue ( read: crap explanation and still selling halaal food etc ), but I am also against people jumping on the bandwagon of this issue, but themselves never even bought the magazine, not to mention buying it at woolies.

LOL as its amazing how of all of sudden so many people are now Woolies customers.

Hell I dont care what magizines they sell, just wanna know when they opening a branch near me...oohla we miss woolies civilized food stuffs...

LOL as its amazing how of all of sudden so many people are now Woolies customers.

If they had that many customers that is unhappy about it, they can stock only magazines and make a killing :lol:

There made it to 5500 :clap:

5501 actually. Well done!

The Woolies shoppers must be the ones who stopped shopping at Pick 'n Pay because they stocked the "Anti-Christian" UCT Rag magazine ... where to next?

I really cannot see why people get their knickers in a knot over this. How many of the "offended" actually bought the magazines in question at Woollies on a regular basis/exclusively? None, or very few I would venture.

Same here, I thought that's what CNA was for, they are always first with the goodies in any case.

Personally I think the magazines on the shelves at Woolies distracts me from the professional appearance and look of the store in terms of it being a food store.

Get rid of the mags and entice me with more sweets.

Edited by Dangle

The whole Woolies/Christian magazine thing is a storm in a teacup, which I suspect was caused by sensationalist reporting. If the headlines had read "Woolies decides to drop titles which nobody ever buys" there would have been no reaction. As compared to "Woolies bans Christian magazines from their stores!"

Personally I'm glad that there are these Christian magazines. Gives us ugly folks a magazine cover that we might one day appear on. So far they haven't called me, but I figure it's just a matter of time.

The whole Woolies/Christian magazine thing is a storm in a teacup, which I suspect was caused by sensationalist reporting. If the headlines had read "Woolies decides to drop titles which nobody ever buys" there would have been no reaction. As compared to "Woolies bans Christian magazines from their stores!"

Personally I'm glad that there are these Christian magazines. Gives us ugly folks a magazine cover that we might one day appear on. So far they haven't called me, but I figure it's just a matter of time.

Yeah, any tweaking of what actually happened to sell newspapers.

Look at all the jumble one liners on the many lamp posts I pass when I am on the iron horse training. :o

:thumbup:

but then again, i do celebrate the solstices - so i do the evergreen branch and feast in mid-winter, etc. but that has nothing to do with a "saviour" who forgives you and relieves you of accountability of wrongdoings. i just wish Woolies would stock magazines that promote my beliefs on responsibility and accountablity.

end of the day, this was a business decision and due to some wierdo's Woolies has now backed down and will again waste shelf space and order money on stocking items that don't sell :huh:

............ maybe.... just maybe your books will not sell???????

Wonder how many of you will complain if Wollies all of a sudden starts selling bicycle spares

Never seen any magazines from the "other" religions..... do they have magazines???????

Good topic this one - At some point we feel we own the shops - so they cannot just change what they selling...can they?

My take is we don't own the shop, we can't tell them what to stock etc. If something doesn't sell, then it's taking up valuable space in a shop and shouldn't be stocked.