Eish! I am so much tired now..

epoh

Willie Brink, I think, not too sure, finished somewhere in the top 30, so went home straight after the race.

ah' date=' ok, i saw black kit but didn't realise it was your guy's kit. who was it that tried the solo break? there was one point where i had to let him go past me on my left cos some $%^& brekkies run guys looked like they were gonna ride over him when taking a corner so i blocked two of them as he went round and then i zipped past him too quickly to check who it was.

i must say i was damned impressed by the amount of energy you guys had left to attack each other on that last little stretch before turning right back into maropeng!
[/quote']

That was Wouter Uys - white and red kit.

Once again, thanks - I must say, I am more scared of the bikers on that road than the cars.  I know some of the guys that go riding there and 250km/h is slow for them.

Nice to know there is someone looking out for us on our flimsy carbon frames, lycra clothes and shaved legs - the hardcore bikers must really wonder about us.  Smile

in all honesty bruce, the hardcore bikers most prolly don't notice - it's the want-to-be posers who will (A) notice and (B) wonder! Wink 

as for being scared by the bikers - i don't ride that fast on brekkies runs so i'm getting used to them tearing past me on those haarties roads, but yep, i've had a lot of nerve-wracking moments the past couple of sundays.

it's good to know that our assistance is appreciated by everyone Big%20smile - i had a warm fuzzy feeling when one of the riders stopped me as we were leaving and said "thanks to all you bikers for giving upo your time". at least i have a way to still participate in cycling events despite being too chicken-s**t to race at this stage Smile

Epoh' date=' in future when a marshal on a motorbike yells "howzit S.....r" react!!!! i was leading the VA's out and we went past you (in the opposite direction) as you were heading to the start line Wink i momentarily "thought" you were nuts and then remembered that i KNOW you are nuts!!![/quote']

Sorry Slowpoke, you came past too fast Tongue Thanks for the marshalling, everyone I spoke to welcomed the bikes in the peloton Wink

Not talking about all the Valentino Rossi's that came flying past every other minute on the route.

Eish guys and gals, these 2 are CRAZEE!!!!  Epoh, was good to see you, nice to have an A oke sitting in the C bunch.  O ja, and good to see Gaaaahhhhrrrreeeee not tryin to take out glass with ceiling fans!!!