Racism on the Hub?

SL7

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A Japanese lady walks into the forex department of Standard Bank and exchanges somes Yen.

"What the ploblem here? Yesterday I get 50 Lands for my Yen, today, only 49?"

The Standard Bank guy shrugs his shoulds and says: "Fluctuations."

She retorts: Fluck you white people too."

Of course there racist on the Hub, no use denying it, i encountered it on my training ride this morning. The moment there are 2 people riding in the same direction at the same time its a race, lucky for me i won and dropped that sucker :clap:

Your response is way out of line. Indicative of a someone with a lack of education or basic common decency or etiquette

...popcorn anyone ?

From my POV, I am sick to death of this savage, lawless behavior.

If you cannot abide by societies rules and norms, you should remove yourself or be removed.

But, cos I'm white, I'm a racist for calling it out.

If that's the case, I put my hand up high and say I'M A RACIST.

P.S. Yes, I don't see white people doing the things I listed.

Maybe I'm colour blind.

There will be no racial bigatory in this platoon, whites, blacks, indians, chinese, you are all equally worthless in my eyes!

more seriously, i will go for a ride tomorrow, and should i find any roadies along the way, i will not greet them, no matter let their children play with mine.

Yup.... Definite racism..... Roadies do not like mountain bikers

Yip they hate being THRASHED by the cool cats, at their own sport

Why do I ask this question?

Well one of my friends told me that he can't sell some stuff on the hub because he is a coloured and the whites don't want to buy from him. Can this be true? Perhaps there is some truth in what he is saying, but I have yet to encounter this.

My sales and purchases on the Hub have been across the racial spectrum. I sold some wheels to Bees and XT combo's to a Hubber from Bellville (white). The brakes I sold to an oke in Durban, but I had to refund him after it was established that the one set was damaged when it was removed from my bike, but that is besides the point. My purchase has been limited to a spez duallie from quickdraw, again without hassle or issues.

I came across an article in the Mail and Guardian, I think, that said integration of racial groups in Germany has not worked, and people naturally want to live with, associate with the same racial group. To a large extent I see this at races.

So I posed the question - not knowing what to expect...I must say that some responses were a little aggressive ...thanks Dirtrider...but others also provided insight into the whole race matter.

Anyway, I did not intend to offend anybody with this question, but if I have please accept my apology.

Signing off now, as there is a small race tomorrow- West Coast Express!

No good will come of this entire topic... Just hope it doesnt rain on the West Coast Express...

+1...Religion and Race...stay clear.

BTW, I would love to hear Hubbers comments on the colour segregation at PPA funrides though.

Edited by DMC007

Ive bought quite a few items from hubbers on the classifieds. Never asked them what race they are, it doesnt matter and it shouldnt. What matters is that ive always been happy with what i got, at the price i got it for.

So i cant beleve that your friend had trouble selling his stuff, unless it looked real beat up in the adds or his prices were too high.

Why do I ask this question?

Well one of my friends told me that he can't sell some stuff on the hub because he is a coloured and the whites don't want to buy from him. Can this be true? Perhaps there is some truth in what he is saying, but I have yet to encounter this.

That is not being racist, it's being short sighted and shallow minded, so if you ,like the majority want to blame everything on race and racism, the you are equally as shallow.

Perhaps Dirtrider was on the right track after all.

...probablt from the banalality of "racism" in all things in existence ont the planet....

...and yes I'm racist....I hate the bulls passionately!!

For somebody that loves sheep that is understandable :D :P :lol: :lol:

Didnt know they asked for your race on here :unsure: You cares, just dont rip me off, you could even be an Albino and it wouldnt matter.

What a TJOP... I have bought and sold from all races on the forum, some of my best friends here are coloured, have had them in my house and entertained them. Sad thing is that racism gets stuck in some poeples minds and then all and asunder are branded as racists. SHAME

Get off your high horse and think like most of us do. Racism is but a figment of a few retards past.

Most of us here look past colour and focus on the common denominator......CYCLING. Maybe you should too