CAR price to bike price ratio

Big Til

Ok, so i thought it would be interesting to compare car and bike price ratio's. (as we always say we dont have money for a new car) my current car is a 98 Corolla which i bought in my first year of working for 30k, my bike is a entry level hardtail i bought for 6k, this 5:1 ratio, what's your's?

Ok, so i thought it would be interesting to compare car and bike price ratio's. (as we always say we dont have money for a new car) my current car is a 98 Corolla which i bought in my first year of working for 30k, my bike is a entry level hardtail i bought for 6k, this 5:1 ratio, what's your's?

'04 Corsa 50k, hardtail at 15k so roughly 3:1. I saw a Beetle (the old one, not the fancy new one with the flower pot) with a Cannondale Flash on the back, wonder what his ratio is! :lol:

My car is standing at the Outsurance yard so right now I think my bike is worth more than my car so it is 1:30 ratio

Oops, mine 2:1 (this is for my 2 bikes combined, all based on purchase price)

Either I'm spending too much on bikes or too little money on my car. I like to think its the latter :-)

Slightly related - I see the following on Saturday.

1 x Fat Guy riding a Raleigh RC 1000 - net worth 4K max

1 x Same Fat guy wearing - Assos Shirt, Assos Bibs and Sidi Shoes - net worth conservatively 5K.

Someone needs their head read.

1 x Same Fat guy wearing - Assos Shirt, Assos Bibs and Sidi Shoes - net worth conservatively 5K.

lol, someone talked holes into his swiss cheese head

He has to spend a much longer time on that saddle than any of the pro's do so he is more deserving of comfy shorts! :thumbup:

I'm on about 7:1 including both my bikes I guess (all this does is give me another way to justify spending money on my bikes!)...

'04 Corsa 50k, hardtail at 15k so roughly 3:1. I saw a Beetle (the old one, not the fancy new one with the flower pot) with a Cannondale Flash on the back, wonder what his ratio is! :lol:

I just love seeing an old vrot car with an expensive bike on the back.

My ratio about 5:1

Edited by Skirminkel

Depends on what car I use, mine or my late Grandfather's '84 Corolla (great car); the Car:Bike ratios can be 3.5:1 OR 0.75:1. (Based on the latest offer for the corolla) :)

Edited by whistler

No car

BMW motorbike and Giant mountain bike:) I have a problem, Im addicted to two wheels and off road!!!!

Ratio to bike 5:1

I have a 1983 1.3 Toyota Corolla. Would ask for a cheeky 20k

I also have a GT Zaskar team with many bits and bobs estimated at 30k..

Hectic..if my wife knew that!!!

Mine is about 19:1, but in saying that. I'm a bit of a gadget freak, so I paid more for my first HR monitor than my first bike.

How about Car:Bike:House ratio?

i think this should be 1:10:100,

ie

new 15k bottom of the range carbon

new 150k polo

new 1500k house

for the true cycling nut its probably 1:1:0

new 150k dogma

new 150k polo

no house, rent or live with parents

Yeah its scary if u compare the prices.

If u c a vrot car with a high end bike @ the back, u know then the guy/woman priorities is on the right track.