Ride your bike 2 work day

dirtcrazy

If I could take my bike on the Gautrain for part of my trip I could get in 50kms of riding a day and save about R160.

My current commute by car is 110kms.

I had a suspicion it might be you...bit of a race snake eh! Bike looks awesome what fork do you have on there, looked like something Maverick used on their bikes?

Saw even less cyclists on the road than usual this morning...so much for bike to work day. Even got someone to send a memo about it to the whole company...guess how many people rocked up on their bikes? Oh well they aren't co-ed so I wasn't too keen to share the showers anyway...

Velouria do you do that commute often? I have quite a lekker route I do through farms and vineyards etc...about 18 K's from Steynsrust to Technopark of which only about 5 is on tar.

Edited by XTC1

If I could take my bike on the Gautrain for part of my trip I could get in 50kms of riding a day and save about R160.

My current commute by car is 110kms.

I can't believe bicycles are banned on the Gautrain! I was looking at a job in Pretoria and cycling to Rosebank, jumping on the Gautrain and then cycling into Centurion would have been the perfect commute...

BTW, last Wednesday was National Car Free Day. I cycled in and saw NO other cyclists!. I then rode back along the spruit on my cyclocross bike and hit a stone at quite a pace. The tyre deflated with what I thought was a pinch flat, so I popped in my spare tube, inflated and BANG! - the tube popped! I had actually cut the frikkin' sidewall, and having assumed a pinch flat, hadn't checked. Luckily I had my Camelbak with me with another tube (I had checked). Unfortunately, I hadn't checked properly and it was my tubeless MTB spares kit in there - a 26" tube! I managed to squeeze it onto the road rims, but it deflated within a couple of kms, so it was a 16km ride back home on a flat rear tyre... :( It was amusing passing the MTBers with a flat rear tyre!

Next time I'll take the car!

I have to skip today as my son's weekly play date is off, so I have to get home early, but lookout next Wednesday!

I commuted from Sunningdale this morning at 4:30am. Hit the West Coast Road later than what I was meant to with a really angry South Easter as a head wind, so I hitched a ride on the back of a bakkie to Milnerton where I hooked up with "Nobody" at 5:15am. From there we cycled to Rhodes mem (With coffee stops in between) to Rhodes Memorial where we met up with another four guys and cycled along/over Table Mountain to CT for a good cup of coffee in the CBD before work.

Now to ride home with the pumping South Easter behind us this time.

Hairy

I had a suspicion it might be you...bit of a race snake eh! Bike looks awesome what fork do you have on there, looked like something Maverick used on their bikes?

Saw even less cyclists on the road than usual this morning...so much for bike to work day. Even got someone to send a memo about it to the whole company...guess how many people rocked up on their bikes? Oh well they aren't co-ed so I wasn't too keen to share the showers anyway...

Velouria do you do that commute often? I have quite a lekker route I do through farms and vineyards etc...about 18 K's from Steynsrust to Technopark of which only about 5 is on tar.

It is a Maverick fork, with a 29er conversion (I lost 2 inches of travel though, but on the 29er you don't notice it).

I rode in yesterday - have a route that goes along Winery Road, through Raithby (or around it) out onto Annandale. I can then either turn left at the robots and ride along the R44 to Technopark or if I have more time I go straight over the robot and eventually end up behind Jamestown. There is then another choice of going into Eden, or through Blaauwklippen to Technopark. From Lord Charles to Technopark, I think there is only about 1km of tar. The Long route takes me about 1:30, but it's pretty hard riding.

I don't commute that often, it's difficult to do intervals, hills etc when trying to commute. There are a couple people here that commute, but not that many, and not that often.

I commuted from Sunningdale this morning at 4:30am. Hit the West Coast Road later than what I was meant to with a really angry South Easter as a head wind, so I hitched a ride on the back of a bakkie to Milnerton where I hooked up with "Nobody" at 5:15am. From there we cycled to Rhodes mem (With coffee stops in between) to Rhodes Memorial where we met up with another four guys and cycled along/over Table Mountain to CT for a good cup of coffee in the CBD before work.

Now to ride home with the pumping South Easter behind us this time.

Hairy

I luckily was in my car today! (with bike in car)

Looking forward to flying home today on the bike.

Whats the weather doing for the morning?

I luckily was in my car today! (with bike in car)

Looking forward to flying home today on the bike.

Whats the weather doing for the morning?

Wind Guru had it at 26km with 35km per hour gusts this morning and this afternoon one can expect 35km winds with 41km per hour gusts .... it will be a quick ride home :)

Have you seen what they're doing in London? 110 million in upgrading the cycle tracks to "superhighways" (sponsored by Barclays ... would Absa do the same?) and over 500 cyclists per hour are usng the first route. Plus it's driven by the Mayor. Incentives to companies to have showers and changeroom. And there's even a viewer comment that he got 50% off his new Bianchi. Talk about bum in the butter!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezwWf9Hk7hY&feature=player_embedded