There gonna be some HAPPY Hubbbers in the next couple of days...

Ha Ha Kieran

Kieran invited me to see these frames after work today. They are honestly, nothing short of amazing! Definitely my next bike will be a Bottecchia. Once you see how amazing these frames in reality rather than just pictures you will understand. The workmanship is outstanding and the finishing is just perfect. At the prices they are the value for money is excellent! And mtb'ers, I saw the brochure of the mtb frames and you guys are in for a real treat!!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a Fugly!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is not designed well, maybe it could be used as a spinning bike. Take a look at the base of the frame, it is touching the ground

The 8avio was developed between Bottecchia and Dedaccai. Dedaccai obviously make the frames for Raleigh.

However, the 8Avio is made with a T700 Toray Carbon and then covered with a 1K. It also features a Double Moulding Process exclusive to Bottecchia so it is much lighter and much stiffer than the Raleigh.

The Frame in the pic wieghs in at 1 390g including fork, headset, spacers and seat post clamp :thumbup:

The Bottecchia is also made in Italy by hand whereas the Raleigh is produces in the East

Still looks like a Raleigh. :D

And about 400g lighter than the Raleigh Cosborne :thumbup:

Gotta interject. I had a Raliegh team in black and red L 56cm and with head set etc weighed 1320g.

But those Botts look lekker

price for the lightweight raleigh lookalike? (the only thing wrong with the raleigh is the name and weight :D)

price and weight for the supernova?

My RC8000c frame weighs 970g. Light enough?

SOB ! Have we been taken for a ride here?Lets start a string to show our frames in detail like the Raleigh example ! For instance ,the Merida 906 I bought last month might be very similar to something one of the other Hubbers are riding .but with a different brand name ................

Even though some may look similar to say Raleighs the construction and materials make the Bottecchia's much better. These are awesome frames! The finishing is top class!

And it matches the blue of that IDT rather nicely too.

Frikking 'spensive piece of equipment to attach to an IDT. You could just have done up a Ralleigh to get that look. :unsure:

Ha-ha. Do they make one in Alu. What was / is the black nd red frame in the first picture.

I personally prefer standard geometry bikes but then again, it mught be 'cause I'm an old fart.

what is the website address?

The frame must be aluminium then - unless it is a size 42 and you sawed off the chainstays. :P

Ha ha gumpole. Nope not alu,not a 46 and still has chain stays. 56cm,Sram group,mavic ksyrium elites. 6.9kg with out pedals. with pedals 7.17kg.

And it matches the blue of that IDT rather nicely too.

Frikking 'spensive piece of equipment to attach to an IDT. You could just have done up a Ralleigh to get that look. :unsure:

Ha-ha. Do they make one in Alu. What was / is the black nd red frame in the first picture.

I personally prefer standard geometry bikes but then again, it mught be 'cause I'm an old fart.

what is the website address?

Slavey!

The red and black frame is the Duello Aluminium Frame with the Carbon fork. Going for R3500.00 with a 5 year warranty on the frame. Fully hand built in Italy and it has Traditional Geometery.

The website is www.bottecchia.com or drop me your email address and I will send you the 2011 catalogue :) (Website is still 2010 models)

Kieran

This is my baby finished,

post-8035-048064600 1288948590.jpg

rides like a dream very stiff.............. Looks Tit :drool:

This aint no Raleigh :clap:

7.200kgs including pedals, bottle cages and computer! And that frame is HUGE!!! :clap: