Diet supplements and cycling

NotSoBigBen

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried Phedra-cut before but found it gave me the severe heebee geebee shakes, bit like a lab rat on a cocaine fix. Gave it up after a week, still have the rest of the bottle (of tabs) on my desk.

This works for me:

Breakfast: Oats-so-easy & coffee

Tea: 2 small apples & tea

Lunch: Tuna (1 tin) & low fat mayo on low gi bread (2 slices)

Tea: Orange

Supper: Protein (chicken, fish or pork) & veggies (steamed)

Snack: Almonds

Drink plenty water, give up the booze & cut the sugar Cry

If I stick to this *religiously and train 5 times a week, I normally lose 1 kilo a week. If you're very overweight, you'll lose 2-3 kilos a week.

* that's where the problem lies
Buff2007-10-04 07:47:41

It amazes me how different people see things so differnetly. Bored-girl I'm with you, healthy food gives you energy and makes you feel good, Junk food makes me very lethargic and just feel yuck.

If you look at www.Activeworx.co.za, they give you some dietary guidelines on healthy eating with training.

To train, you can't cut out carbs but try keep them to low GI carbs and only eat your high GI carbs when doing long distances.

Then of course cut out the beer and high fat foods as much as possible. take note of how you prepare your food, you may be adding too much fat.

Eat at least 5 - 6 smaller meals a day and if you train in the morning maybe try have a bigger meal lunch time and smaller meal for dinner if possible. ( I can't get this one right).

Rather focus on eating healthy and cutting out fatty foods than anything else. I was actually told by a dietitian that I wasn't eating enough carbs which is why I wasn't losing weight. I was training too hard and eating too little carbs, which causes cravings for chocolates etc and your body clings to everythign as it thinks it is being starved.

As most of the guys say, it takes a change in eating habits and just be more healthy overall. A few minor changes can make a big difference but you need to make it a habit, not a diet. I would say give yourself two meals a week where you can eat what you want as well, it helps you keep on the straight and narrow and prevents you from freaking out!!

My 2c

This is my first week and I must admit it made me feel a bit strange the first day or 2 but now it seems OK. Only taking 4 in the morning and 4 mid afternoon (before 4pm!).

I am controlling the diet and training lots so had already lost about 8kgs since 1 September prior to starting on this. Only want to lose another 3-4kg's max and then find a way to keep it there. As I said we'll see!

funny this should come up i just started the phedra cut today i need to loose 8 kgs will see how it goes . !!!! I train 3 times a week and fun rides on the weekend

You will drop weigh quickly but that is normally water loss.  It is fairly easy for most to get to a goal weight but the trick is to keep it there.

Know of a friend who was really overweight and has been on Dr Cohens diet for the past 2 years.  It has worked wonders but i feel so sorry for her as she still has to watch what she eats at every single meal.

To lose weight it has to become a way of life otherwise you will for ever balloon up and down.

I love my sweets but i then don't eat cholcates, rather jelly baby's or sucking sweets.  Seems to be a way to get by when i get a sweet tooth.

Hey hagar are you going with the 3 * 4 tablets per day? As I said I am just at 4 in the morning, 1/2 an hour before I go out to train for an hour with B/fast after that and then 4 again at about 3 o'clock in the afternoon then I eat a fruit about 30-40 minutes after that. Yes I do have supper and other stuff in between!

I've also tried it, but after day one I decided it was not for me, like WonderWomans says, it makes my HR to fast, but I guess that's how it works, the body is doing the same stuff but at higher HR thus burning more kilojoules. If any one wants the rest of the bottle let me know. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Howzit all the docs.

I'm 1.76 and weight about 78 -80kg's.

I need to loose 4kg's.

What is phedra-cut. post a picture, I need to get rid of the 4 kg's before end of the month.

Is it a USN product? Pills or powder ot what?

popeye2007-10-04 08:22:12

bigben, my weekly training is more a less 14 - 18hours

Normally: Thuesday ,wednesday and Thursday mornings 1h30

afternoons about 1h45 - 2h00

Saturdays and sundays is between 4 - 6 hours depends on were I go.

Is that the XT (blou pilletjies?),

my wife is not going to think its the real blue pilletjies? smiley2.gif popeye2007-10-04 08:27:03

LOLLOL Big Ben no i just started with one tablet today and will do the two from tomorrow. Bring back the 3 month Army camps hey man that made me loose weight without even trying .But alas its now no longer

20071004_082819_Untitled-1.jpg

Pops, die goed is nie cheap nie, so try liewers eers die wat ek oor het voor jy geld spend op dit.

When I started increasing my training I started losing too much weight and I just coudln't fit more food in my stomach so I use the drink as an additional meal. 

Comments like this can make you a lot of enemies Ratty - doesn't really matter though as you can ride away from the army of puffers that are after you smiley4.gif

If you could bottle and sell whatever does this there would be no richer person on the planet... except maybe Mr MacDonalds trying to help the queues of skinny people desperate to get more food into their stomachs.

So' date=' I am jealous of this but I can touch my toes and put my foot in my ear if I want to (see "Touch your toes" thread), so we'll call it even.

[/quote']

Its not something I'd want others to endure.  I started not sleeping at night because my hip bones and other bones were sticking out so much it hurt when I lay down.  I constantly had people asking me if I had an eating disorder.  Definitely not! 

When I did ametuer horse racing I had to put on 3kgs to be allowed to race  (I'm too big to be a real jockey, but was too light to be an ametuer).  It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.  I stuffed my face silly for 3 months.

I might not be a supple as when I was a younster, but I can still touch my toes, sorry Embarrassed  
Ratty2007-10-04 08:32:33