Diet supplements and cycling

NotSoBigBen

Any one use dietary supplements to assist with keeping weight in check i.e. USN Phedra CUT or something like that?

No! Tried that years ago and only thing that lost anything was my wallet.

Now days I try and take 1 or 2 of these a day....

http://www.lindt.com/public/switzerland/02_produkte/lindor/255_271lindc.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the formula for working out your required calorie intake per day - anyone know? (and no - I don't want it measured in "pizzas", "big mac" or "Charles Glass" index LOL)

When I started increasing my training I started losing too much weight and I just coudln't fit more food in my stomach so I use the drink as an additional meal. 

Comments like this can make you a lot of enemies Ratty - doesn't really matter though as you can ride away from the army of puffers that are after you smiley4.gif

If you could bottle and sell whatever does this there would be no richer person on the planet... except maybe Mr MacDonalds trying to help the queues of skinny people desperate to get more food into their stomachs.

So, I am jealous of this but I can touch my toes and put my foot in my ear if I want to (see "Touch your toes" thread), so we'll call it even.

As with all things it's pretty simple. if you eat crap you will feel/perform/be crap. If you eat healthy and well your weight will not be a problem and your daily energy levels will be better/more constant.

Leave the sweets for the weekend buddy.

As with all things it's pretty simple. if you eat crap you will feel/perform/be crap. If you eat healthy and well your weight will not be a problem and your daily energy levels will be better/more constant.

Leave the sweets for the weekend buddy.

That seems a bit rude and uninformed.smiley5.gif

Hey Joe Low (or Thyolo - wondered what happened to you) - you are not alone. I pick up weight incredibly quickly as I am cursed with an extremely slow metabalism from years and years of high stress job resulting in one meal a day and normally late at night. Started to remedy this last year and lost 25kg training for Argus but put 15 back over winter with no "sweets" and binging like everyone presumes. I envy the guys who can eat like a horse and yet never put on weight or excercise much. I eat like a fly (but irregulary - which is the problem) and can put on 5kg in one week if I am not carefull)Confusedracman2007-09-29 10:56:46

That seems a bit rude and uninformed.

Doh! I'm off this forum for months, and within days I'm stepping on someone's toes...wonder if this would be a skill I can put on my CV. smiley24.gif

Anyway, I was merely putting my 2 cents worth down. I eat badly and have the same habits as described by racman (except I eat like a pig), but I've definitely noticed differences in weight if I cut something out of the diet or change it significantly.

anyway.... I apologise for offence caused to all. Will leave you scientific folk alone to discuss this.

bye

Sorry ST, I thought I was being called an ignorant fatty.

....d@mn, now where did i leave that deep fried pizza I was keeping for emergencies?

smiley4.gif

If you read Phedra cuts bottle it says use in conjuntion with diet and excercise....its like anything you cant take a short cut.

I use them in training, it gives me an extra boost to train harder and I have lost almost 40kg in 8 months.

Phedra rules

LegPower - I'm training on average about 8-10 hours a week so ja no problem there. Just haven't been very disciplined on the diet thing, am now and using the Phedra CUT. Not saying much but lets see how it pans out in the races!

I don't watch my diet but when i have tried to burn the last few % fat, i would just cut our carbs from my diet.  In conjuction with excercise and fewer carbs, within the 1st week you will see a huge difference.  Once you are down to your goal weigh/% body fat, slowly introduce carbs into your diet.  Or just follow the GI for what foods to eat and not.  Have tried phedra cut, more for energy levels.  Did notice a difference but then again i was training hard at that stage ..... could be a combo of the two.

I'm one of those fortunate enough not to have a weight problem.

Don't need to lose and don't need to gain.

Oh, did I mention that I eat a bar of chocolate a day, my staple diet is Pizza and I have the minimum of 2 beers an evening LOL (all after training of course).

That seems a bit rude and uninformed.

Doh! I'm off this forum for months' date=' and within days I'm stepping on someone's toes...wonder if this would be a skill I can put on my CV. smiley24.gif

Anyway, I was merely putting my 2 cents worth down. I eat badly and have the same habits as described by racman (except I eat like a pig), but I've definitely noticed differences in weight if I cut something out of the diet or change it significantly.

anyway.... I apologise for offence caused to all. Will leave you scientific folk alone to discuss this.

bye[/quote']

I don't know bout stepping on toes but I totally agree with you. My friend was laughing at me for worrying that I'll suffer at some race cos I had eaten a ton of cr@p that week.

I suppose it is a very personal thing how junk food affects you but I know that it affects me big time. Yesterdays chelsea bun and tab did no wonders at my race let me tell you that much...