what do you do so time passes by on the indoor trainer

AIRMAVRICK

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Training on a stationary trainer is hard and need extreme self discipline, Before you get onto the trainer you should have a specific goal, and stick to it,

Example.

10 min warm-up.

3 min at 85 cadence (any gear that suits you)

2min at 95 cadence

1min at 105 cadence

Recover for 5 min (easy pedalling)

Do this three times

After your last rest see for how long can you keep a cadence of 120, if it is easy, then try 130 next time

Their you go (33 min +) easy

PS. get a fan to keep you cool

Edited by Feniks

I took out every James Bond film ever made on 7 day rental - slap one on and do an interval everytime there is an action scene or Bond scores. You won't get bored. Try to cycle through the whole movie.

Get a thick bath mat to soke up the sweat, otherwise you won't be as lucky with the lady in your life as Bond is.

Edited by Luke.

Does anybody have ideas or tricks they use to help forget about time and get a good workout out of it?

Yea, ride you bike the way you are supposed to! Outside, freedom, tar, trail, wind, rain, fast, slow, up, down, left or right!

Now stop drinking pink drinks!

make sure you have a program for spinning. go to gym and note what the instructor does, then do the same at home. Go to Bicycling web site and look for programs. Ask Cyclelab for a program. But I also find that once you have a program in your head, you get bored, just watch TV then. Thats why I use rollers, so I have to concentrate so as not to fall off. But good luck. If you need a program, let me know, I have a few noted down

Action movies for me, as the noise of the IDT makes hearing the dialogue a problem. Also a structured programme helps - keeps you focused on training.

Here's the sad news: Nothing really helps (me at leat)

Have tried music, watching comedy series, drama serious, movies. Think my record was 40min. Next time I'll try a cycling movie, like breaking away, but I'd rather just go for a run or something if I'm unable to go ride

DEPECHE MODE does it for me.

Also I PVR'd the entire Tour this year and like to watch while I pedal.

If your A.D.D, 30min!!! your doing well!

Agreed, going 30 minutes to start is pretty good.

I either watch movies (nothing with a lot of dialogue,

subtitled action movies are best) or listen to really

obnoxious music.

Keeping up the mental drive to pedal is the hardest

part for me.

for a good rollers session I sit in the big ring, keep an average speed of 40+ average cadance of 100+ and every 5mins I change a gear heavier, when I reach the bottom of my cassette I start coming back up (finishing on lighter spining gets the lactate out)

I'm considerng getting rollers, but with no resistance, can you do real power intervals? What kind of wattage can you reach on rollers?