Introduction to the new Events Section

Matt

Just a note that it doesn't appear as if you can "edit" your Comments, after having posted them in the Event Comment section...

Keep that in mind before you pop up your :cursing: rant after the race, when instead of a 25km advertised route, it was actually 35km, through sand, cow-pats and the occasional disused mineshaft... :P

Edited by RodTi

cool stuff thanks a stack!!

maybe as a service to race organisers feed them with the feedback before and after an event

Thanks for the feedback guys and girls!

One question - presumably this is open to Hubbers who might want to arrange an informal, social get-together kind of ride as well? Or are you attempting to aim it specifically at actual, organised (timed etc.) events?

:thumbup:

At the moment it's aimed more at formal events (i.e. timed races, etc.), however we've made allowance in the design to cater for another level of grouping e.g. Formal / Timed events, social rides and get togethers. The social side will tie in more with the existing Group Rides forum as this ties in with the Events Forum.

It's important to be able to distinguish between these types of events, else the Calendar will become cluttered very quickly.

You can expect the additional options to be introduced over the next few weeks. Of course Hubbers are welcome to post any relevant events in this section as-is. The more it's used the better the feedback we'll get and we can easily organise / categorise events appropriately once these functions are introduced.

one request: A field for the date that entries close. And a filter to search race entries that will close in the next 2,5,10 days. I tend to miss the entry date.;)

Great idea :thumbup: We'll certainly put this on the to-do list.

maybe as a service to race organisers feed them with the feedback before and after an event

Feedback and event ratings are in the pipeline already.

One of the key ideas behind the introduction of the dedicated events section is to tie together a lot of the information which already exists on the forum. So where feedback currently might be in the form of a separate forum topic, very soon it'll be linked to the event itself. This makes it far more valuable for the event organisers and participants as the information is consolidated and easy to find.

is Mr admin related to the stig?

Some say.... ;)

it works..

one thing i'd like to see is the option of 'author' status. would be nice to know if its race organiser or participant posting it.

also, appears you can't delete events(oops!)

The intention of the "Verify" section when adding an event is for the author to indicate whether they are posting as a participant or as a representative of the event organisation. Perhaps we need to change the wording and make it a bit more obvious?

Demo Event Single Day - Events - thehubsa.co.za - Mozilla Firefox 20101119 051957 PM.jpg

On the delete point - currently only Admins and Moderators can delete, the author can only Edit. We'll be adding a "Soft-delete" option for authors soon.

is Mr admin related to the stig?

yes skaap, some say his he was born in the F1 pits and that his diet consists purely of jet fuel!

We have been struggling to get our own event calendar going, so it would be very useful to have a link from our website (www.tygerbergmtb.co.za) directly to this calendar...can that be arranged?

We have been struggling to get our own event calendar going, so it would be very useful to have a link from our website (www.tygerbergmtb.co.za) directly to this calendar...can that be arranged?

Hi MountainBiker,

Certainly, we'll be adding RSS feeds for the Calendar very soon which can be pulled into an existing website very easily. Perhaps send me a PM or email to see what you have in mind and how we can help.

Regards,

Matt