Karkloof Trails

I FLY

We want to stop off on our way to Durban and ride at Karkloof.

I can't find any details on the web. Does anyone have a link to the appropriate website or other contact details?

Have a word with Grant from Adrenaline Cycles 033 3307788 - He will be able to point you in the right direction.

When are you coming back?

I just bought a bike form him and need to get it back to Pta sometime.

Hmmm - there is a bike shop in Howick that would be a good place to start finding out more. Google it but if you don't find any info online, drop me a message and I will get the shop's details. My dad lives there and we ride in the forest regularly. He had to get a license though I ride infrequently so haven't bothered myself.

If you go down to Karkloof falls, there are a few awesome paths that have been created. But the entire area has loads of single track and bridges etc built to allow you to get in some amazing riding.

I called Grant - Adrenaline cycles - he has given me enough information and directions to get to the Karkloof Country Club which is the registration and starting point of the trails.

Its some of the most beautiful & awesome riding ever - You will be back. Its not the Karkloof Classic this weekend, Its the Mr Price Trail Blazer, differant races same place - Either way I can wait for this weekends race :clap:

We are planning a "try the KZN MTB bike parks" trip. After Karkloof we are planning to find a B&B in Westville. Then we will try out Giba and Holla Trails.

We are planning a "try the KZN MTB bike parks" trip. After Karkloof we are planning to find a B&B in Westville. Then we will try out Giba and Holla Trails.

I live in Westville, give us a shout - I'll take you to Giba :D

I rode there last year over New Years. Grant from Adrenaline cycles was really helpful. Did a ride with their group in the Karkloof the one day. Awsome ride.

In Howick check out http://www.howickmountainbiking.co.za. The chairman is Ken and he cut most of the trails in the forest. I contacted him last year and he took me on a ride on New Years eve. Even went to his house for a beer afterwards coz most places were closed being New Years eve.

Great bunch of guys and really helpful.

I'll be back there for a few days just afetr New Years.

Hi Guys

Really great to hear you all enjoy the work and effort that goes into the trails at Karkloof. Grant at Adrenaline Cycles is planning on holding regular outrides from the Karkloof Country Club (KCC) so please just phone him for details. Also remember KCC offers breakfast/light lunches at the club as from 4 Dec 2010.

Trails are currently being marked, but if in doubt I do have some gps routes available for download. Just PM me.

Also please remember that there is a R20 trails fee per rider, as well as compulsory Indemnity form to fill in before you ride.