clipping out accidents

Face Plant

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right in front of the mtn bike park. Left foot clipped in and right leg not over the saddle yet. I lost my balance and went down to the left but at least I missed the big logs they have there and only hit the tar. :lol:

I shot up at the speed of light and didnt stay to see who saw me do that.

Happened three times this weekend, left cleat loosened just enough so it rotates in the pedal.

First two times thought it was the dirt and mud and cleaned it and hopped on. By the third time i figured something else is going on.

Some scarring...mostly ego.

in the days before clipless pedals, stopped at a light, leaned over to the left to undo the toe strap and fell over to the right, bounced off my thigh.

Entering a mates driveway, his paving had gaps in in between, my front wheel went into the gap, I wanted to go right but the bike wanted to go straight.

Leaving Mugg & Bean in Stellies one day (in front of about 50 spectators) I clipped in on the pavement to roll down to the road and the next minute this lady comes from behind and knocks me off balance. In a split second I decided that I was not going down alone, so I leaned on this lady with my entire weight and stayed upright just long enough to unclip again :D

Also leaving the Mugg & Bean (Jamestown) our group was approaching the traffic circle when a car came from our right- the car turned left but the dude in front of me thought it was going straight so he stopped just as I was preparring to take off again. So a touch of wheels and I landed on the lavender bushes next to the road which were about 45-60 cm high :D The lady cyclist behind me says it is the fastest that she has ever seen a guy get up after a fall :lol: Needless to say I had to ride home at the back of the bunch as I was smelling like lavender :lol:

Good story like how both incidents happend by a mugg and bean

While commuting in London , and having just changed over to cleats about two weeks before I was still getting the hang of it. I was doing a track stance at the traffic lights which seemed to be taking ages to change when I moved in front of the cars waiting and turned the wheel slightly , lost the balance and fell right in front of the cars as they were pulling off, and almost got crushed. While lying there with a bumper above my head I still could not get out the cleats, I had to be helped up. Not such a good start to the day :(