Bottle holder for dual sus/soft tail

AndreZA

@ Bos - Nice bike :clap:

Which bottle holder clamp is that on your seat post.

And [hijack] see you are from CT, what tyres are those are they recommended for CT and Western Cape environs i.e. Epic.

Thanks Swissfan.

1) the barends are on a Cobalt xc3 Bar which has zero rize but It looks like a rizer bar, so It fealt like cheating on my GF! I have a wrist Injury and The barends are really only for as long as the wrist hurts, which it does at the moment.

The bottle mount is the "topeak" someone mentioned on the previous page, I bloody hope it doesnt break off. I'd say maybe get the one like on the spez bike on previous page aswell, looks stronger and its not so far offset. Dont know what tipe it is though?? as far as comfort, I didnt notice it at all, makes the bike heavy but oh well, not as bad as strapping 3kg's to your shoulders.

2) = can of worms and okes will tune you to do a search :P

Its a fast track 2bliss rear and a Shauserwind 2bliss on front. Ive never tried spez tires so finally after 18 months on Monorail front and Raceking at the back (which are slightly faster especially up front) I thought I'd try something else. after one 3 hour ride I'd say the fastrack might not grip quite as well as the raceking, but its lighter and has more volume, definately a plusher ride. The shouserwind, is like a xc version of a high roller, quite lekker actually, cant say I feel its slower but It sure grips like hell, lekker for some more agressive trails and knysna which might be wet this weekend. I know there are faster front tires, but agg, lifes so one dimentional If you stick to one brand.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If a camelbak is too uncool then try get hold of one of those sidecar ice cream boxes that you see on bikes outside sport stadiums. The ice cream dude might even throw in a free bell for you and that will help you get past the tackie brigade when you lap them at babbas lodge races. :clap:

Thanks Swissfan.

1) the barends are on a Cobalt xc3 Bar which has zero rize but It looks like a rizer bar, so It fealt like cheating on my GF! I have a wrist Injury and The barends are really only for as long as the wrist hurts, which it does at the moment.

The bottle mount is the "topeak" someone mentioned on the previous page, I bloody hope it doesnt break off. I'd say maybe get the one like on the spez bike on previous page aswell, looks stronger and its not so far offset. Dont know what tipe it is though?? as far as comfort, I didnt notice it at all, makes the bike heavy but oh well, not as bad as strapping 3kg's to your shoulders.

2) = can of worms and okes will tune you to do a search :P

Its a fast track 2bliss rear and a Shauserwind 2bliss on front. Ive never tried spez tires so finally after 18 months on Monorail front and Raceking at the back (which are slightly faster especially up front) I thought I'd try something else. after one 3 hour ride I'd say the fastrack might not grip quite as well as the raceking, but its lighter and has more volume, definately a plusher ride. The shouserwind, is like a xc version of a high roller, quite lekker actually, cant say I feel its slower but It sure grips like hell, lekker for some more agressive trails and knysna which might be wet this weekend. I know there are faster front tires, but agg, lifes so one dimentional If you stick to one brand.

Thanks ja I went back and saw the posts on the topeak.

I just bought the specz seat post mounts but not convinced I want to put a bottle there.

Talking about specing my zula for the Epic so the extra bottle holder might be required to stave off dehydration and as for the tyres similar thing, looking for reliability (thorn resistant and handling more than speed) and thought its best to ask da locals...

I have one of these aswell but the camelpack one, its designed for cross country running so doesnt bounce around much.

My back gets to sore carrying a normal pack

This sounds like a good plan if you dont want to suffer with a backpack, worth investigating :clap:

If a camelbak is too uncool then try get hold of one of those sidecar ice cream boxes that you see on bikes outside sport stadiums. The ice cream dude might even throw in a free bell for you and that will help you get past the tackie brigade when you lap them at babbas lodge races. :clap:

Trust me at 4-5 hours in the saddle you dont care about cool no more :P and neither do the other guys when you overtake them.

When I looked around, I was told the Spez rings (which I was aiming to get) only fit certain seatposts, so also went the Topeak route (with a Spez bottlecage). Only added it this weekend, so haven't tried it out yet.

That is sacrilege. It's like saying you will rather shag an ugly chick on a bed then a hot one on the carpet.

Put like that I am ok with carpet burns :)

Is there a bottle holder out there that mounts somewhere else besides in the main triangle ?

My shock is there and can't fit one there.

Tried one on the seat post or saddle mount but it flings the bottle out the first ramp you go over .

these things are awesome, and only weigh 12g!! :D

http://www.momsenbikes.com/css/common/images/bat_wings.jpg

@ Bos - Nice bike :clap:

Which bottle holder clamp is that on your seat post.

And [hijack] see you are from CT, what tyres are those are they recommended for CT and Western Cape environs i.e. Epic.

Told you already.........Maxxis Monorail LUST 2.1's You will not be disappointed, promise!!

Edited by Underachiever

these things are awesome, and only weigh 12g!! :D

http://www.momsenbikes.com/css/common/images/bat_wings.jpg

The mounting onto the seatpost looks a little flimsy for use on an MTB. I hope those cables area rubber coated as they must surely have a little movement on rough ground and I can only imagine that adding a little mud into the factor could result in a nicely scratched seatpost?

The mounting onto the seatpost looks a little flimsy for use on an MTB. I hope those cables area rubber coated as they must surely have a little movement on rough ground and I can only imagine that adding a little mud into the factor could result in a nicely scratched seatpost?

they are made specifically for MTB, the cable works well enough to not scratch the seat post, the lower 'clip' usually sits just above the seat post clamp (so there is enough space to get the bottle out) so it prevents any downward movement. :clap:

they are made specifically for MTB, the cable works well enough to not scratch the seat post, the lower 'clip' usually sits just above the seat post clamp (so there is enough space to get the bottle out) so it prevents any downward movement. :clap:

Cool.

Anyone seen this in any CT LBS's as of late?

Hairy

stick with spez seat post clamps and a spez MTB w/b cage.It's 30.9mm same as your morewood.Not lost a bottle in 11 months sinced I purchased them.And the added benefit is the bottle is close to the post so the w/bottle is under the rear of the saddle and for technical bits you can get your butt off and behind the saddle with no hookups and the bottle is easily accessed for hydration.

Craig