[Event] GP Koning Waterproofing And Roofing Roller Coaster

Events Bot

ahhh I see, so he then latched onto the back of the first 3 and that's how he took 4th according to Racetec.

:cursing:

at least he had the good sense not to contest the sprint! or maybe the beer forfeit had taken its toll on his slow-twitch muscle fibres...

Edited by the (other) Nuge

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hang on, there was a short cut?! why did no-one tell me!!! did you have to down a beer like in ss?

He either turned around and went back, or he cut the section out before Slangkop, but then the other bunch people would have caught him.

I remember at the Tour de PPA when I broke away in the Agter Paarl road (marshal was with me) I overtook a STARS rider and I also asked him where the hell did you come from? Turns out he took a short cut also but Marshal took his details down.

Just reading this about the cheat rider and am interested. Where do you think he managed to find a shortcut and jump ahead of you?

Ask anyone in the group there was only 4 people that broke away in the beginning, I was one of them, the bunch cycled their ass of to catch us but couldnt....so how did he reach the top of Ou Kaaps before us (the break away group with the Think Bike Marshal) ???

at least he had the good sense not to contest the sprint! or maybe the beer forfeit had taken its toll on his slow-twitch muscle fibres...

He tried according to the other two but didnt have the legs.

He either turned around and went back, or he cut the section out before Slangkop, but then the other bunch people would have caught him.

I remember at the Tour de PPA when I broke away in the Agter Paarl road (marshal was with me) I overtook a STARS rider and I also asked him where the hell did you come from? Turns out he took a short cut also but Marshal took his details down.

We got ourselves a problem child.

Dont think its possible to cheat much if you rode as far as Smitswinkel, so this guy probably turned around on Black Hill and waited for the leading cyclists to come through again.

Reminds me of the Golf Day where a rogue 4 Ball pulls in and scores 56 Stableford points and second place loses comes in on 46. Prizes happened to be be sponsored by Canon and were worth 6k per person (camera and colour printer)

Reminds me of the Golf Day where a rogue 4 Ball pulls in and scores 56 Stableford points and second place loses comes in on 46. Prizes happened to be be sponsored by Canon and were worth 6k per person (camera and colour printer)

at least the 4ball cheated for a reason... This dude was cheating for what? bragging rights?

what kit does hilton du preez ride in?

jeepers, this is getting serious, i'm glad i'm not riding in your group, i'd be too scared of the posse!

"c'mon, we'll head 'em off at the pass!"

jeepers, this is getting serious, i'm glad i'm not riding in your group, i'd be too scared of the posse!

"c'mon, we'll head 'em off at the pass!"

you've no need to be scared, our posse couldn't catch you...unless they took a cheeky shortcut back over blackhill of course....

*grabs flaming torch and pickaxe*

what kit does hilton du preez ride in?

and i'm just curious, that's all, i promise :whistling: The one thing i've enjoyed about STARS is racing the same people week in week out, learning how they ride, if they can ride, and also met some good okes.

The good okes I know by first name, the others I can only recognise by kit or, if they've really fooked me off, by race number.

and i'm just curious, that's all, i promise :whistling: The one thing i've enjoyed about STARS is racing the same people week in week out, learning how they ride, if they can ride, and also met some good okes.

The good okes I know by first name, the others I can only recognise by kit or, if they've really fooked me off, by race number.

Cant remember but the number is 845 if I remember correctly as on the sheet at Aca Joe

Edited by MTB_Roadie

now you guys are starting to understand the power of the peleton! use the force

and Gerard Genis - legend - handed me a cold Amstel at the Outriders tent.

So you're 'Lucky Luke'! Nice to have met you Luke. Well done with your overall position btw. Gives us tall guys something to work towards!

See you at the 99er.

We had a cheater in our club some time back. Used to cheat in just about every race he entered, including the Argus. In this fashion he managed to get a PPA C seeding and entered to ride in Vets for almost 2 seasons. In the 2010 Argus he started in C bunch, and we in D bunch passed him at the side of the road just after Hospital Bend. He was then passed on Suikerbossie by VA bunch and waited somewhere thereafter to hop into C bunch again and claim a fantastic finish time. He didn't know about the additional timing mats he needed to cross en-route, so was challenged by the officials. He denied all charges but the officials DQ'd him and banned him from entering the Argus for a while.

In the league races we would always see him drop off the back of the bunch, take the short route option if there was one (or get friends to transport him to a convenient hook-up place, such as in the 2010 !-Tonner) and re-join the race to claim a good finish time. His early attempts at cheating saw him finish before the Elites sometimes :D . He tried to be smart enough not to rejoin a breakaway bunch and always seemed to finish with, or close to a chasing bunch. On one occassion during a vets race, having seen him drop off the bunch early on, I was in a chasing bunch about 5min off the breakaway and we came across him close to the finish. He joined our bunch and sat at the back. We all knew that the race was done and dusted at this stage, so it there was no big sprint for the line. Doesn't he decide to come sprinting from the back, almost takes out a Daikin rider in the bunch and raise his arms across the line. We all looked at each other with the same thought ... "what a tjop !" Embarrasingly though he was riding in our kit :thumbdown:

On several occassion we raised objections with the league organisers and the PPA. Finally he was called to a disciplinary hearing with the PPA, and we all presented evidence from many different races. He denied all wrong doing. On balance of probability the PPA banned him. Interestingly the online entries portal still accepted his subsequent race entries in the fun-ride cat's :wacko: . You have to ask yourself why, why, why ? We'll never know the answer though. Probably has a Walter Mitty-like personality with a BIG ego to feed.