Events Bot

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is the start?

DIRECTIONS TO VENUE:

Take the M3 from town past UCT and onto the Blue Route Freeway. Take the first off-ramp to Constantia/Hout Bay. At the T-junction, turn left onto Constantia Main Road. Continue to Spaanschemat River Road and enter the parking area from Doordrift Road. Please do not park in the Virgin Active parking area, or at the Constantia Shopping Centre. GPS Coordinates: S: 34°01.06 ; E: 18°27.11. See the PPA website for interactive directions.

http://www.pedalpowe...ller-coaster-2/

starts at False Bay Rugby Club ( opposite Constantia shopping centre)

Hope this helps ........

Edited by Slow_one

Ya, but you can't get there from Doordrift Road, like they said... Oh well, I'm sure I'll see it.

P.S. Weather looks brilliant for Sunday :clap:

Ya, but you can't get there from Doordrift Road, like they said... Oh well, I'm sure I'll see it.

P.S. Weather looks brilliant for Sunday :clap:

When you say "brilliant", where did you look? Windguru shows 50km/h SE gusts for Cape Point area tomorrow. Now I don't mind a little wind, but not sure I would call this brilliant :eek:

So we've established where the start is, but more importantly where is the finish?

As you come past Peddlars up the rise and to the robots, do they take us left at the robot to the finish?

Approximately how far from the robot to the finish line, anyone know?

I got caught out last week by not knowing the finish and leading out downhill with 250 to go and got swamped on the line. Trying to avoid a repeat tomorrow.

Thanks

So we've established where the start is, but more importantly where is the finish?

As you come past Peddlars up the rise and to the robots, do they take us left at the robot to the finish?

I got caught out last week by not knowing the finish and leading out downhill with 250 to go and got swamped on the line. Trying to avoid a repeat tomorrow.

Thanks

Yup, left after peddlars at the robot, I think it's still quite a way after the robot.

I'll look on my garmin from the ride last year.

Will post shortly.

Thanks

I would guess around 300m once you turn left at the robots.

You got you work cut out tho, up against the regular teams with a few riders. I notice the same team always have at least 2 guys in the top 3 positions in all the league rides so far.

If you man alone you have to time it to perfection.

Its so much more deserving if a 1 or 2 man team get a podium, especially if you outnumbered

Good luck buddy

I think it's a bit closer to a km, maybe 800m? but there will be 1k and 500m to go signs, so don't fret.