[Event] GP Koning Waterproofing And Roofing Roller Coaster

Events Bot

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's baby climbs compared to the mast

molehills compared to everest too, but I don't think we'll be road racing up the mast or everest in the near future.

I had a really awesome ride today. Did this ride the first time two years ago and really struggled up Ou Kaapse weg the second time around. Today I was better prepared and got the better of Ou Kaapse weg. Really chuffed with my ride. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Reached 45 degrees at the finish.

Difficult ride in this heat but what a great event.

Jislaaik!!

:eek:

I had a really awesome ride today. Did this ride the first time two years ago and really struggled up Ou Kaapse weg the second time around. Today I was better prepared and got the better of Ou Kaapse weg. Really chuffed with my ride. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sweet going, Michael, for a big guy like you!

:thumbup:

New PB and you still didn't win Luke? Tut tut, must try harder ;)

Good to meet you dude! And congrats on your result!

How were the racing vibes in the Rising Stars league today?

A break of 4 including mtb_roadie got away on oukaapse, we never saw them again. I'll leave it to mtb_roadie to give an account of their race.

I was in the chase group which also got a lead over the main stars bunch on oukaapse, about 9 or so riders. We worked well enough over black hill and to simonstown, was very surprised that we never even got a sighter of the break 4 and that also a small group of the stars bunch had managed to bridge to us. Even tho there were still riders up the road there was a complete lack of enthusiasm for any of the new-joiners to do any work on the front!?! So we put the hammer down again on smits and broke things up a second time, and then pushed the pace thru scarboro, misty cliffs and down into kommetjie.

On oukaapse a group of 3 managed to pull out a lead and blew it all apart, stars riders were falling by the wayside. I managed to keep pushing, flew down oukaapse and powered the 3 risers, finished 9th.

It was a tough race, I felt a bit hacked off afterwards as I invested a lot into the race but got little reward, although the race commissaire did want to award me 2nd place as per the official results posted after the race :)

Nice racing there, touristvisa.

Impressive stuff.

Remember to clip your machine to MTB_Roadie's seatpost for next time.

That stuff that fishermen use - invisible, strong.

Nice racing there, touristvisa.

Impressive stuff.

Remember to clip your machine to MTB_Roadie's seatpost for next time.

That stuff that fishermen use - invisible, strong.

Haha, I don't mind working, as long as everyone works ;)

My race report...told everyone the plan that I want to go up the end of Ou Kaaps...when we started climbing I moved myself into the middle....then before the last corner I noticed a few people going away so i followed, we put the hammer down after the last corner and went over, descended as fast as possible...we hit black hill...we all worked well together, when we got over black hill and noticed we havn't got caught I told them we can all work together and continue the break or I will sit up and wait....so we all worked together...caught loads of riders who just hatched on but we (4 of us) worked the front the whole time pushing ourself till over Smits....we did not relax, kept pedalling to maintain the break, over slangkop we went, leading in the front....I felt good....turned into the road going towards Ou Kaaps almost getting taken out by a TAXI WHO DID NOT OBEY THE MARSHALLS!!!......up Ou Kaaps we go...I started pulling a gap, ready for my attack....shift down in the front...whoo hoo! CHAINDROP....chain gets stuck in BB, got pushed a little by a other STAR in the break but had to stop....I almost had them till they went over the top while I was climbing...and saw they slowly were pulling a gap, could not descent fast enough and did not catch them...finished in 4th position.....but some STAR rider, number 845 took a shortcut and was infront of us but got caught by us front bunch ontop of Ou Kaaps, Hilton du Preez, you are a disgrace to any cycling sport and should immediately withdraw as I find your CHEATING unacceptable and dishonesty a lack of team spirit, how many other races did you cheat?

@ Lucky_Luke, congrats on your podium, and awesome meeting you :)

Edited by MTB_Roadie

Hilton, you are a disgrace to any cycling sport and should immediately withdraw as I find your CHEATING unacceptable and a lack of team spirit, how many other races did you cheat?

Johan, I suggest you pop PPA and Eulogy an e-mail on this behaviour, cause we do not need cheats in our sport. Well done on your good position despite the good old Sram problem. Battled to get my chain on the big blade just as we started.