Oncoming Traffic

Bennie Dikwiel

Again this morning on the Seaview road between Kini Bay and Bushy park I had an oncoming car overtaken by another car heading for a head-on with me. From now on I ride with a few windscreen unfriendly fishing sinkers in my saddle bag. :angry:

I posted this on the other threads as well.

Be warned if you open this link. If you are squeemish, dont look. No, really dont look.

Its meant as a reminder to all, please be safe. DONT DO ANYTHING SILLY!

The clips from real camera's are very very scary.

BB gun with lead pellets. Self defense weapon :thumbup: and the driver of the vehicle will definitely know about it and remember next time :clap:

Action suggested will either teach the driver a lesson OR the driver will be so incensed the next poor cyclist get his wrath.

Carry a handfull of ball barings in ur pocket, chuck them in the air when a car does that, ball barings + car traveling at 80 = shotgun infront of the car and 1 stuffed radiator.

or safer, chuck your water bottle at their windscreen. BUT check if there is any1 else in the car and think twice about doing anything if there is, its not teir fault the person they are driving with cant drive and is an ass

Or if you are very fast and a male, take it out and do a wizz... Oh and if the window is open a bit of spit will always do the trick! They can't always stop and try to catch you... Wait a bit... Didn't we have a tread on this a year or so back? I think Johan Borman posted a small knife one could get... Think it was called a cabbage knife?

lol I often pretend to chuck the bottle and give it a squeeze, awesome when the window is open (if u happen 2 take out the energy drink bottle by mistake then their seat, face, windscreen, seatbelt will get nice and sticky lol)

Had a rather ejoyable conversation with Metro Police in Durban this morning, after I was forced off the road by Taxi overtaking me on a blind corner & blind rise, and makes the truck in the oncoming traffic also swerve off the road. This is regarding taxis & buses & the general public along my route into work, and why they cant get officers or a speed traps along the route. 1 vehicle & 4 officers was the answer, then he says sorry and I must live/ deal with it. There is NO more money for anything he tells me as well. SO guess I'll not be commuting into work on my bike from next year.

I posted this on the other threads as well.

Be warned if you open this link. If you are squeemish, dont look. No, really dont look.

Its meant as a reminder to all, please be safe. DONT DO ANYTHING SILLY!

The clips from real camera's are very very scary.

Very nice vid, think they shuld actully so show on tv...the one where he drives into back of the red jeep seeing the kid gets up looking at hi with his mom lying...must be a terrible feeling!

K well here goes, but some of these suggestions are just plain laughable.

Carry a BB gun yes let's do that bit impractical - do you carry a BB Gun? If so please send us a photo of this thing strapped to your back and your instructions on loading whilst riding - please don't go so far as to tell me that you ride with it loaded and ready to shoot.

Throw ball bearings, I quote "ball barings + car traveling at 80 = shotgun infront of the car and 1 stuffed radiator." OR ONE DEAD DRIVER unless you throw like Jonty Rhodes.

or safer, chuck your water bottle at their windscreen - and just how is this safer?

Use spark plugs - mmmm another interesting concept considering that porcelain breaks glass with considerable ease. Used by you local smash and grabber at your nearest robot.

After packing all this junk do you guys actually have space in your pockets for food?

Come on people I have heard of silly season but this is just ridiculous.

In the interests of self preservation maybe just getting off the road is the sane thing to do when you see a car bearing down on you.

The best safest response is to throw your arms in tha air in the classic "WTF are you doing pose".

Throwing an object at the car could will could create an accident involving other (innocent) people i.e. other traffic in the vicinity.

I recall an occasion once where some friends of mine threw a water bottle at a overtaking taxi, the taxi chased them and physicaly loaded them up and took them to the police station where they attempted to lay a charge against them (against the cyclists).

I recall an occasion once where some friends of mine threw a water bottle at a overtaking taxi, the taxi chased them and physicaly loaded them up and took them to the police station where they attempted to lay a charge against them (against the cyclists).

They let a taxi driver load them in...was that without a fight?

They let a taxi driver load them in...was that without a fight?

There was anumber of occupants in the taxi and yes there were some abrasions to be seen on the 2 "skinny racing snakes" cyclists. This was about 10 years ago so the police where not very sympathetic towrds the taxi occupants.