Morewood Zula Setup

Chubba

Lekker, looks brand new!

Sho, The scale at my LBS must be broken because If thats 12.4kg then mine bust be a bit lighter, Surely no offence chubba, I meen It looks like youve got a lekker comfortable build with parts that are quality and good compromise between light and strenth, Ive just replaced most of my stuff the last year to get lighter and I dont have much heavy on there anymore but the scale at action cycles still reads 12.2kg :huh:

Lets see what happenes after I put on the XTR..

lekker bike though, sorry for unintensional hi jack..

SwissVan, I hathe the cableguides aswell and find that the mud and grit gets in there bigtime. and then grinds the downtube when the cables move, because they do.

No worries...12.5kg

Reba Shock set at 110mm

Thomson seat post and stem

Sram XO and Juicy 9

XT Crank and pedals

Mavic Crosstrail wheels

Race king 2.2 tubby rear, WTB weirwolf 2.1 tubby front

Answer protaper bars

Cane creek bar ends

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I found that if you use one a few of the tiny cable ties you can tie the 3 cables on the downtube together and they stay out the way and never pop out of the clamp.

Makes it abit neater.

Also I put a chain stay protector on. The chain slapped around too much and was bound to nick the frame.

Love the zula, it truely comes into its own on the swoopy singletracks. Since I put a mountain king 2.4 upfront its been a different bike. Handling is awesome and gives confidence to hammer it into a corner. Also I can run a lower pressure upfront which results in more traction.

Lekker, looks brand new!

Sho, The scale at my LBS must be broken because If thats 12.4kg then mine bust be a bit lighter, Surely no offence chubba, I meen It looks like youve got a lekker comfortable build with parts that are quality and good compromise between light and strenth, Ive just replaced most of my stuff the last year to get lighter and I dont have much heavy on there anymore but the scale at action cycles still reads 12.2kg :huh:

Lets see what happenes after I put on the XTR..

Bos - Mine came out at a few grams over 11kg's excluding pedals (Time Atac) with full XTR.

Build Spec:

Fork: Fox F32 (Fit RLC) 100mm, QR15

Shock: Fox RP 23 (Boostvalve)

Headset: Chris King with lots of Chris King Alu spacers.

Stem: Thompson Elite X4

Handle bar: Alpha Xroc, carbon riser.

Bar grips: Acros lock on

Saddle: Sella Italia SLK

Seat Post: Thompson Masterpiece

Wheels: Stans ZTR Alpine.

Spokes: DT Swiss DB.

Hubs: DT Swiss 240�.

Tyres: Schwable Rocket Rons 2.25 with Stans sealant

Brakes: Avid Elixir CR (185mm, 160mm)

Drive Train: Complete set XTR

Bos - Mine came out at a few grams over 11kg's excluding pedals (Time Atac) with full XTR.

Build Spec:

Fork: Fox F32 (Fit RLC) 100mm, QR15

Headset: Chris King with lots of Chris King Alu spacers.

Stem: Thompson Elite X4

Handle bar: Alpha Xroc, carbon riser.

Bar grips: Acros lock on

Saddle: Sella Italia SLK

Seat Post: Thompson Masterpiece

Wheels: Stans ZTR Alpine.

Spokes: DT Swiss DB.

Hubs: DT Swiss 240�.

Tyres: Schwable Rocket Rons 2.25 with Stans sealant

Brakes: Avid Elixir CR (185mm, 160mm)

Drive Train: Complete set XTR

I should get mine to around R11.5 with the new grouppo

I dont mind that though, I meen nothing wil ever climb like a 8kg ht or a 9kg fs superbike, but I will be wore then happy with 11kg. fun project though :)

I should get mine to around R11.5 with the new grouppo

I dont mind that though, I meen nothing wil ever climb like a 8kg ht or a 9kg fs superbike, but I will be wore then happy with 11kg. fun project though :)

Mine.... weighing in at 11,5 now

Fork: RS Sid Race 100mm

Headset: Cane Creek Z3 with carbon spacers.

Stem: Ritchey WCS 4 AXIS

Handle bar: Ritchey Superlogic Carbon Rizer.

Bar grips: ESI Silicone

Saddle: Spez Phenom 143

Seat Post: Thomson Inline

Wheels: Stans ZTR 355.

Spokes: DT Swiss

Hubs: Hope Pro II

Tyres: Conti MK & RK combo + Stans yellowtape + valve only conversion

Brakes: Avid Elixir CR

Drive Train: Truvativ Noir Crankset, PG990 Cassette, XO Shifters + RD, XT Front DR, XT chain

Pedals : XT

Love the zula, it truely comes into its own on the swoopy singletracks. Since I put a mountain king 2.4 upfront its been a different bike. Handling is awesome and gives confidence to hammer it into a corner. Also I can run a lower pressure upfront which results in more traction.

Have a Mountain King in my boot waiting for my WTB to die. Had an issue in the beginning with the Race King Rear, pumped at 2.9PSI but found it was loosing grip on the steep loose stuff. Reduced the pressure to 2.2 PSI and seems to be handling a lot better. What pressure you pushing?

Edited by Chubba

Have a Mountain King in my boot waiting for my WTB to die. Had an issue in the beginning with the Race King Rear, pumped at 2.9PSI but found it was loosing grip on the steep loose stuff. Reduced the pressure to 2.2 PSI and seems to be handling a lot better. What pressure you pushing?

I wheigh 94kg and i run my race king rear at 2.0 mt king front 1.8 or 1.9.

Edited by covie

I wheigh 94kg and i run my race king rear at 2.0 mt king front 1.8 or 1.9.

Guess im still running it to hard! I'm 89kg. Funny how the tire spec recons between 3.5 and 4 psi? Doesn't seem realistic?

Guess im still running it to hard! I'm 89kg. Funny how the tire spec recons between 3.5 and 4 psi? Doesn't seem realistic?

Thats so that fat ass american's dont sue tire companies when something goes wrong.

hey chubba if you keen to ride tommorrow at tokai drop me a PM

Hey you still keen to ride? A little late, wife just pulled out of lions head. Gonna take a chilled ride to feel the bike out.

All i can say is WOW, i was a bit rickety for the fist going up the single track but as soon as i got to the top and came down it was brilliant. A lot more control than the stumpy and it climbs well.

Only issue i have is i seem to be using the full travel on the RP23 on propedal and open. The rubber band is right at the end of the shock. I did have the pressure tested and pumped correctly for my weight. Is this normal?

hey, too much wine last night, only got up now!

Im running 2bar at the back and like 1.6 upfront.

WRT propedal. I ride with it open the whole time. Unlesss im on a steep climb where I would want as little give as possible.

That bike loves the technical single track!

Glad you digging it!

Wanna put an official ride together for this weekend? Maybe sun morning?